• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Aermacchi MB-339 Freccia Tricolore - 1/48 Scale......(Completed 26 Mar 2013)

Started by lastvautour, January 16, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you for the font. That may do the trick. Here is a sample of the font with dark blue background. Now if I can match the colour to the decal!!!!!!

Lou

Mark Braunlich

cliff strachan

Lou, what are the dimensions - height and width -  of the yellow numbers and words that you require for your model? I may be able to supply them. As you know I've been labouring for quite a long time making decals for a couple of models that I may build.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Mark, I just banged that label quickly without much care. This reminder will keep me from maj-king that mistake when I do the decal. Thanks.
Cliff, thanks for the offer but I will try to do it myself now that I have the font.

Lou

cliff strachan

You're welcome Lou. As it turns out I'm still having trouble with my decals. If I had the dimensions and a coloured photo I would have removed the blue background using layers and then printed to decal paper. So all has turned out OK again. Computers! And to think that people actually go into space trusting in them. I'm glad that I quit flying when they started to remove the wings  ;).

Cliff.

lastvautour

First coat of primer.

Lou

lastvautour

Final coat of primer after approx two hours of sanding with extra fine sandpaper. Paint has been purchased but I await going to the local shop for Tamiya tape for the paint edges.

Lou

lastvautour

It took forever for the paint to cure. The masking is Tamiya tape that will be over sprayed with the base grey colour to do some extra sealing in case the darker blue tries to seep under the tape.

Lou

lastvautour

Gloss white is being applied as painting white over dark blue is not always fun. The white will be masked followed by the green, red, dark blue and lastly silver. The leading edges, bottom fuselage and under wing areas are metallic. I never really paid much attention to the bottom colours as not many pictures show that area clearly. Photos will follow once some worthy progress occurs.

Lou

lastvautour

More masking and a quick light application of white before the dark blue.

Lou

buccfan

Looking good Lou, some delicate masking on this one.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The white gloss paint is fairly thick. Next time I will spray white primer from the start.

Lou

Will

Lou, the decal you illustrate should be  Frecce Tricolori. Hope this is not too late.
The model looks great so far.
Will

Mark Braunlich

lastvautour

I have not made the decal yet. Thanks for the hint. I tried using Word Art but the letters do not have clear definition. Normal print and adding the slant lettering seems to work out better.

Lou