• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

DHC-4 Caribou 1/144 scale . . . . . . . . . . . . . .(Completed 27 Dec 2012)

Started by lastvautour, November 09, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Decals are ready for print. I need flap hinges, wing fences and undercarriage. Cockpit windows will be masked off and painted as well as the deicer boots.

Lou

buccfan

Nice decals Lou, I've managed to find some for my build, but my printer is not printing too good at the moment so I'll have to see how they turn out. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Here are revised decals. I should have counted the cabin windows earlier. This time I made them by overlaying them on a scale drawing. Works out better. Since the aircraft is gloss white, either white or clear decal film works. I chose clear and trying out a different printer cartridge. I made an error when I went to the store and picked up the wrong numbered item but it fit and it prints...so.... Initial print looks good. Now we will see after they dry and add the gloss bonding agent.

Lou

buccfan

Did you do those in Word again Lou ?, I have just found out I do have it installed on this PC, so I may try it with the next lot. I still have quite a few cartridges for this printer, so I hope it lasts until I have used them up .Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Yes those are made in word. I will be doing this version of the Caribou. I received permission to post this photo.

I currently have to do the outline of the inboard flaps(decal) and the hinge system. I have started the undercarriage for the Buffalo and should be completed sometime later today.

Lou

lastvautour

This will be my last model for 2012. The Caribou is an interesting aircraft to make but well worth the effort. This is my second UN bird but will not be my last. A Nordyne Norseman may follow and a DHC-3 Otter will definitely follow.

Lou

More photos in next post.

lastvautour

This has been a very rewarding project.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Lou, very nice looking  Caribou.  Thanks for shareing.  Nice decal work.

lastvautour

cliff strachan

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff. I have finished retrofitting wheels to the Buffalo. I hope the Sgt don't mind me running them up indoors!!

Lou

buccfan

Excellent work on the Caribou Lou, and as said before the decalwork is very nice.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Decals are getting better with practice. Thanks for the kind comments.

Lou

PS Norseman drawings have been resized to 1/144 scale. Will not be big at 4.29 in wing span. But that is another post for the new year.

Peter

Awesome Lou! The hangar shot is my favourite. Looks like you could walk straight in.

Peter