• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2016 Ping

Started by lastvautour, December 01, 2016, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

What are your planned projects for the holidays?

Total Members:                  261
Total Posts:                  14,940
Total Topics:                  1,288
Total Categories:                   9
Total page views:    4,441,478
Total gallery views:  2,778,934

Viewers continue to visit at a nice pace.

lastvautour

Other than repairing the damage from the move, I have just a 1/48 scale Cessna 310D on the go. The wooden collection did much better than the plastic one.

The 310 fuselage is rough sanded and the tail feathers await some final minor sanding and priming. The wings, engine nacelle and tip tanks are still in block form.

Lou

Model Maker

Will be starting  three - 1/72 Halifax Mk III. Two will be for gifts. They won't be finished before Christmas but so be it. C'est la vie. Also  have a 1/40 mosquito with the fuselage rough cut, so I'll probably work on it in parallel with the Halifax's.
-ken

lastvautour

I don't have a Halifax and will eventually make one someday. For now I will forward to your building two off them.

Lou

lastvautour

Photos of Ken N's excellent Comet have been added to the SMM Annual Album and the Group Build Index posts.

Lou

Pete1616

My F104 is nearing completion, the mahogany is looking good with the water soluble varnish, (cedar loses it's red and becomes pink with this finish) The pitot tube  and tip tanks are next. This is a gift for a friend who flew them in Germany and the U.S. He also received an F4 Phantom as he flew them in Vietnam. Now, I could finish my Liberator, Tracker, ,or U 2. Or start the Boeing Vertol helicopter....choices, choices! 

Everything will be on hold as we leave for Mexico Wed (just for a week) and knives are best left at home.
Pete1616

lastvautour

Pete's F-104 has been added to the Cook Up Index but I think there was another F-104 built but I don't find anything in the gallery. If anyone knows where it is please let me know.

Lou

lastvautour

27 models constructed to date with hopefully a few additions before year's end. I ask everyone to check to see if I missed any 2016 models in the yearbook.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1396.0

Lou

Model Maker

Hi Lou:

You may wish to add the Spitfire and P-51D Mustang toys.  Pictures are posted under my building board. Both are 1/32 scale. One minor correction - The DH-88 Comet is also 1/32 scale.

-ken

lastvautour

Sorry I missed them when you originally posted them. Up  to 29 models and three weeks to go.

Lou

Oceaneer99

There is some great work in there, fellows!

Boomerang

Wishing everyone the compliments of the Season and all the very best for the New Year.

The XFT-1 should be finished by the end of the year.

The plan for next year is to finish the Flycatcher, CH-1 and the CA-15. ( been saying that for a few years)

I also plan to do something from WW1, an early post WW1 airliner and an early (?) jet or two. I will have a go at molding a canopy as well.

I have a lot of the Aeromodeller drawings by G.A Cox. The H P Heyford which I've taken up to 1/48 gets perused a fair bit.

Well that's the plan any way.

Again all the best to everyone and catch up in the New Year.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Next year I hope to complete the following already started projects:

1/48 Cessna 310
1/48 Argus
1/72 Liberator Mk IV
1/350 River Class Frigate

Lou

Pete1616

Lou, I did an F104 a few years ago. I used basswood (that one stays in my collection)  I think it looks better than the mahogany one.
Pete1616

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Hi guys!
Jorrit reporting in.
Currently working on a Hurricane.
Hope everyone is doing good.

Jorrit