• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Request for Plans

Started by cliff strachan, December 15, 2010, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Hi Members,
Does anyone have 3views of a Mosquito Bomber MK IX?

Cliff.

dave_t

A few days ago I watched the Cliff Robertson film, 633 Squadron, where they flew Mosquito bombers against a target in Norway. The Germans countered with Me-108s.

Sorry, I don't have a drawing of that version.

John Bell

Matchbox makes a kit of this varient. Go to Google, and type in DH Mosquito MK IX. It's the second or third item down. There is a rather rough, colored three view there.

John Bell

lastvautour

If you read up on the Mossie you may find that the Mk IX had better engines and internal workings. You may be able to use another Mk drawings for your purpose.

Lou

dave_t

I found this nacelle drawing online-

cliff strachan

Thanks very much gentlemen. I've started but am still having to face a lot of research. The intention is to remake a Mosquito that I'd already completed some time ago - we wont say when - in the colour scheme of "F" for Freddie.
Cliff.

lastvautour

cliff strachan

Hi Lou,
"F" for Freddie, Mosquito Bomber serial # LR503, was last with 105 sqn as of March 1944. It had completed a total of 213 combat operations as of Apr 1945. It flew an exhibition flight over Winnipeg on May 8, '45 before flying out to Calgary only to crash on May 10 '45 killing all on board.
Cliff.