• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

November 2013 ping

Started by Balsabasher, November 07, 2013, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

I have just realised we are into November and nobody has done a ping yet ? well where have the months gone to as Christmas is upon us all ready and Santa will soon be coming down our chimneys delivering those new chisels you wanted so badly.

Well lets see what is on the bench and needs recording,at the moment the weather is holding up primering on several models but today I took a chance and nipped down to Halfords for fresh stock and primered the Pawnee's with high build primer filler,as expected the finish bloomed badly and when I took a look a few minutes ago was still wet,normally it flashes off quickly so they will have to be left for a few days at least before any sanding takes place.

Others awaiting the same treatment are-Auster AOP.9,Chrislea Ace,the Beaver needs more primer but is nice and smooth just needing a few blemishes sorting.

Blanks awaiting carving are Monospar ST25,Hindustan HT.2 and the Farman F250.

Avro Anson's need rubbing down and more primer,these two ongoing projects have been on the go now for nearly two years as soon as time permits they will be given attention.

Planned are-
Miles Falcon Six
Percival Q6
DH.53 Humming Bird

Barry.

lastvautour

Thank you for waking me up Barry. I forgot all about it.

On my Bench

1/72 Mossie tutorial            major components assembled. Took 400 photos to this point.
1/72 Hampden tutorial         major components assembled. Took 250 photos to this point.
1/144 Dakota tutorial          wood selected and blocks started. Took 10 photos to this point
1/32 CF-5A                       awaiting paint job
1/32 CF-5B                       awaiting paint job
1/48 Vampire Mk 3             awaiting paint job
1/72 Apache                     shelved
1/144 Bonnie                    no progress
1/48 Argus                       no progress
Christmas Reindeer X 4       awaiting paint job
1/48 Fintail Plastic             awaiting paint job

Lou

Will

I cut out the mainplanes and tail feathers for a 1/72 BE4 last night.  Set myself a deadline of the local placky Modellers competition in 2 weeks!  Army Aeroplane no.204 was first to (force-)land locally 100 years ago.

Balsabasher

Thats a great historical subject Will,look forward to seeing this one.
Barry.

1.JaVA_LGorrit

On the bench: 1/72 Mosquito B Mk IV

Planned:
Guillows model of Ju-87B Stuka
Beaver