• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2013 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 01, 2013, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Time just goes to fast. I just did this for April no more than two days ago.

Forum  Welcome new member Biggles

Total Members:                    295
Total Posts:                        9823
Total Topics:                        929
Total Categories:                      9
Total page views:           1935421

Average posts per day:             5
Total Boards:                          58
Latest Member:                Biggles
Average online per day:           17
Average daily page views:      985

Gallery
6,808 files in 314 albums and 17 categories with 724 comments viewed 1,527,984 times

Lou

lastvautour

I must have misunderstood my friend when I started the CF-5A. I visted yeaterday to ask about ther desired paint scheme and he showed me a CF-5B. None of the single seaters had the lizard scheme, so late last night and this morning, new drawings were scaled, cut and pasted on to cardboard and a new block of wood was selected and block cut. More to follow. Other than that, the second Vampire is stalled but the BOnnie catwalks are coming along. I took so phopto but managed to delete them when transfering to the PC. Again, more to come later.

Lou
Almost forgot, the SS Exporter has made a bit of progress and awaits a bit of putty to blend in the outside solid railings fore and aft of the centre section. They recommend card stock, but I used shaved down mahogany strips.

cliff strachan

Ref PING:
Cliff is still proceeding with models of the L10 & L14 - those that were part of early Trans Canada Air Lines and a) in the case of the L10, apart from being an early aircraft of TCA's fleet, an aircraft that my daughter once payed for
me to go for a ride.
Initially, the project was to learn how to make decals on a computer. Since that time I have discovered that for some reason or another I've made an error in scale. As a consequence this L10 has turned out very small - length = 4". Therefore I've now got an L10 with a length of 4.75" equal in scale (1/96th) to that of the L14. In the meantime the original smaller L10, it is planned, will be Amelia Earhart's L10E - with, it is hoped, appropriate decals. So in a nutshell I'm proceeding now with three models.
Again hopefully I'll include some intermediate photos. Next time. Maybe.
Cliff.
There is indeed a lot of hope involved. But time does not grant further explanation.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Still plugging away with the Flycatcher,Gloster IVB, DH5 and have started a 1/48 Beaufort.
  Been a bit busy lately with work and home .

Flycatcher :- Worked out a jig for making the undercarriage and it turned out OK. Just a matter now of doing all the struts and fairings.
                    Stringers added to fuselage using thread . Looks OK with a couple of coats of primer.

Gloster:- Lower wing attached. Working on fairing that into fuselage.

DH 5 :-   Wings given a coat of colour and experimenting with using an artists quality acrylic called "Naples Yellow" to for the clear
               doped undersides. 
  Beaufort :- The reason for the Beaufort making an appearance is that it will be a gift to the couple where I'm staying when I'm at work.
                 I live in Canberra but work shift work in Sydney. Both are elderly and she is not well.
                 Her father served in 7 Squadron as a wireless tech. 

Will put up some pictures when I get the chance.

Cheers

Gordon

R.F.Bennett

If we can get three more lurkers out there too sign up, we'll make the 300 member mark for the first time!  ;D
Come ON Guys we can hear you breathing out there!
We can also use programming help to update the site.
"The Dude Abides"

Peter

I'm going to post an invite on different model building and carving groups I belong too. See if I can drum up some new people.

Peter