• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Christmas present

Started by Boomerang, December 21, 2017, 03:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

It has taken my son and I approximately 18 months to finish a P-51 pedal plane for my grandson.

Not painted to represent anything in particular but We both agreed on 3 Squadron RAAF Southern Cross on Blue background.

It was fun.

Next year we off to Tasmania to build a Kayak each.

Merry Christmas and All the very best for the New Year to all.

Regards

Gordon

buccfan

That is very impressive Gordon well done to you both, seasons greetings to you too. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

That is awesome Gordon. Did you have plans or did you wing ;) it on your own? I was thinking of something similar(minus the peddle gear) for a lawn ornament. Again, magnificent. What are your construction material? You know not all solid models were solid. Some had the interior carved out.

Lou

St Nick is bringing an electric planer. You can never have to many tools.

FlyingS

Very Cool  8)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Boomerang

Thank you Paul,Lou and Harv.

It was from a plan my son got from the US. There was a part Kit ( metal work, Spinner already turned and wheels etc.,). The rest of it is 9mm marine ply.
If you google peddle plane you should come up with some interesting projects.
There is a 2 seat B-25. Some of the art work on these things is impressive.

Lou, No stopping you now . "Stand back I have an electric planer and I am prepared to use it."

All the Best.

Gordon

Pete1616

Gordon,I bet you and your son had as much fun building this as your grandson will have driving it. Next, how about a shot of the lucky boy in the cockpit?
Pete1616