• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Barry's progress Nov 2012

Started by lastvautour, November 01, 2012, 02:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Merlin, how is Barry these days. I look forward to his return.

Lou

lastvautour

Balsabasher

Barry is on the mend slowly,energy levels are the biggest problem for him and the problem over the statins has not been resolved,the Simvastatin affected his bones and further tablets were little better.

A further inconvenience is that he has been evicted from his home,the landlord wants to sell as he is buying another house and wants the co-lateral for it,a search is on for somewhere to live not far from where he is now,a modest comfortable property is all he requires.
On top of this constant invasions on his privacy by house viewers and estate agents is not good.

Merlin.

buccfan

Thanks for the update Merlin, as if things weren't bad enough already. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery and solution to his problems. Best regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

Some good news,Barry was offered a new home today in a lovely area and should be in before Christmas,needless to say packing has kept him very busy in anticipation of this but he says it will be all worth it.
Today he went over to his workshop for a few hours to do a bit on the two Avro Anson's he has been building,this cheered him up no end.
He sends his best wishes to all of his friends here and once he is settled will get back to contributing here again and Merlin will be redundant !
Its been my pleasure to help him in this small way and keep you all informed over the past few months of what has been happening.
Merlin.

lastvautour

Barry is never far from my thoughts. It is good to see him get a good break.

Lou

cliff strachan

I'm certainly glad that Barry is finally getting a break. While it does seem that as we get older fate does seem to take advantage of us in more ways than one. But hang in there Barry. Already things are improving. We all look forward to your very informative comments on the history of aviation - especially as I was able to purchase a couple of back issues of the aeroplane magazine and was enlightened further on just how many aircraft the British industry produced in the interwar years. And thank you Merlin for keeping our little Group informed as to Barry's progress.

Cliff.

Jim

Ditto! Best wishes for a full recovery and lots of modeling pleasure in the new home.
And so it goes...

Oceaneer99

Merlin, thank you for the update, and please send our greetings and best wishes to Barry.

Garet

Mark Braunlich

Any news about Barry?   He hasn't been on the site for a month.

Balsabasher

I am here Mark,its been a busy month sorting out the new bungalow,I have solid models all around  place starting at the front door where the Shetland graces the porch and a few people have commented on it including the postman ! ,even the kitchen cupboard top shelves have been pressed into use for storing and displaying some of my solids.
I badly need a shed but moving in here was expensive and I need to save up for a decent one,I am looking at a 12x8 which will fit nicely on some sound brickwork outside the back door.
I have my lounge done out as a studio where I do my painting,its comfortable,warm and cosy and adequate for my needs.
Thanks for thinking of me,I am fine and now happy now that I am settled again.
Barry.

cliff strachan

Hi Barry. Glad to hear from you and that you are doing well. Your new digs seem to be pretty neat - something to behold. And your models - also.
Cliff.