• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Barry's Progress Report

Started by lastvautour, August 27, 2012, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

How is Barry doing these days. I was on holidays for a while. I hope he is recovering and will be back soon.

Lou

Balsabasher

Barry was doing fine until he had problems with a tablet called Simvastatin,this made his legs swell up and affected his bones so badly that he could hardly walk,needless to say he has stopped taking this particular medication and looking for an alternative and a safe one to control the cholestral levels,he caught the problem just in time as those who are allergic to this can have irreversible problems a warning to those who are offered this particular type of medicine,statins and their related problems have been widely reported in the press in recent months.
His working day is still restricted due to energy levels, however despite the medication hiccup he is progressing,thank you Lou and all of the others for your concerns and I look forward to the day he can take over from me writing these words !
Merlin.

lastvautour

Thank you for keeping us in the know on Barry's condition. You will find my email address in my profile. Please send me Barry's snail mail address if he agrees.

Lou

buccfan

Glad to hear Barry is making some progress, Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

How is Barry doing these days? I hope to see him on line soon.

Lou

lastvautour

October is here and Barry is silent for the present. How is he making out. I saw pictures of his work. I hope to see him on line soon.

Lou

Balsabasher

My apologies for not replying to this sooner on Barrys behalf,it seems that Barry really is going through the mill,his dear wife has recently been placed into a permanent care home due to spiralling dementia,you can just imagine the decisions that had to be made with regard to her ongoing welfare and care,this has brought with it a lot of stress as his life has been turned upside down overnight so to speak,on top of this the medication that he was on caused problems especially the Simvastatin to control cholestral,attempts to find a suitable alternative with no nasty after effects have so far proved nil,he is very sensitive to the statins which cause extreme muscle ache and swollen legs which can get painful.
Tiredness is the biggest thing that annoys him with stamina levels down from what they were,so you can see the current situation this is going to take time to get him on an even keel again.
Despite this he is still doing the occasional bit of solid modelling as can be seen by the Avro Anson's in the album that I have placed there,normally such projects would have been completed by now but circumstances and time dictate.
Thanks to yourself Lou and everyone else here for your continued good wishes ad I hope the above brings you all up to speed on his progress.
Merlin.

buccfan

Thanks for the update Merlin, sorry to hear Barry is still having a tough time. I hope he can make some progress real soon.Best regards Paul J.

cliff strachan

Thanks Merlin for the news concerning Barry.  Barry is a most welcome gift to our group and has contributed a great deal to discussions and to the Historical background of Aviation. While he is greatly missed his models, discussons and overall input to SMM can safely wait until he feels less fatigued. Of primary importance during the present is that he not overly exert himself but probably just take it easy for awhile. After all, generals fight just as hard by thinking behind the lines in their tents.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you Merlin. Barry is often in my thoughts not just as a modeler but as a friend.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou he was only telling me the other day what a great bunch you all are on SMM,he says you are all gentlemen with a wonderful common bond and preserving history,its times like this that it is much appreciated as well,I will continue to keep you all posted.
Merlin.