Nominations for Modeler of the Year

Garet
9 (52.9%)
Barry
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 28, 2010, 07:03:45 PM

lastvautour

That time again to look at our membership list and select the one individual who contributed the most to keep out site alive and well. Nominations may be selected by any member wether he/she is an active member. I would hope that all 120 members join in nominations. Members may select a first and second choice by posting to this thread. once all selection have been tendered, a vote will take place on who the winner will be.

Lou
P.S.
Model of the year will be selected by another post.

lastvautour

The model of the year has not been open yet but will be shortly. This post thread is for the Modeler of the Year. I will add your votes once the post is set up. I am just waiting for potential late arrivals.

Lou

lastvautour

Again, my short list of nominees has 3 names on it all for very valid reasons. I will start the ball rolling with nominating:
Ray for his untiring dedication to the successful running of SMM
Garet for his assistance in running SMM and his contribution in his uploads to the gallery
Dave for his inspirational builds and uploads to the gallery.

There are others that could easily be on this list and leave that to others to nominate. Once all nominations are in, a pole will be set up like last year for all to vote.

Lou

lastvautour

Joe has nominated Garet. I shall take that as having Garet's nomination seconded. Last year we nominated and another member second the nomination. Nominations will be opened until 15 Jan 10. At that point voting will take place.

Lou

cliff strachan

I'd like to nominate Barry "Balsabasher" for Modeler of the Year.
  This is in recognition of 1) Obviously his prolific production of fine models;
  2) His long term dedication, intentionally or otherwise, in keeping the hobby alive possibly as one of only a few similarly but anonymously determined individuals "working" in spite of the accepted convention;
  3) His knowledge of the history and place in aviation of Solid Scale as evidenced by his many insightful commentaries, and;
  4) His willingness to be of help to all of our members.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Cliff, Thank you for nominating Barry.

Lou

dave_t

Lou, I also nominated Barry as Modeler-of-the-year in the wrong (model of the year) topic. When do we get to vote?

Dave

Balsabasher

Just found this thread in between catching up with postings and cutting out some templates ! I would like to nominate Lou as Modeller of the Year for his obvious skills as a solid model builder,his promotion of our wonderful hobby and for looking after us so well over the past year,he has been successful in infiltrating a plastic model group and showing them what real modelling is all about ! well done Lou and I love your models as they offer such inspiration to us all-Lou for President of Solid Model Memories ! followed by he's a jolly good fellow...for he's a jolly good fellow...and so say all of us.
Barry/Balsabasher/Wonwinglo

lastvautour

Thanks for the nomination Barry, however I was the receipient of the award last year and someone else should get the award this year. So far we have 5 nominations with Barry and Garet having been seconded.

Lou

Oceaneer99

I'd like to second Barry (Balsabasher) if no one has seconded yet.

Garet

lastvautour

Nominations close today. So far we have:

Ray
Garet(Seconded)
Dave
Barry(Seconded)

Lou
I though I had 5 names, but can't find any record of the fifth individual.

lastvautour

A pole has been set up to vote for the four nominees.

Ray, please advise the membership that the pole is in position. Thanks,

Lou

lastvautour

A tie has resulted between Barry and Garet so a runoff is required. Please submit your votes for one of the two very worthy people as Modeler of the Year.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

Ok gents, It's a Tie...
Go here; http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=466.0 and vote for Garet (AKA Oceaneer) or Barry (AKA Balsabasher),  at the top of the page.
We'll let this one run till the end of the month. Good luck to both of our very deserving nominees.  ;D  :P

RFB
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Garet is the 2009 modeler of the year with Barry being a close second. Congratulation Garet. Your work with the site is vital to the success of the group and your model work is always to the highest standard. Congratualtion!

Lou