• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Piper J-3 Cub

Started by cliff strachan, January 12, 2012, 05:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Does one of our members have access to 3view plans for a Piper Cub J3? I'm trying to put together a "kit" for a friend of mine who, while he has owned and flown one for years, has never built a solid scale model. I've looked on the internet but so far have not come up with any such plans that may hopefully also have cross-sections.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Will

Quote from: cliff strachan on January 12, 2012, 05:24:46 PM
Does one of our members have access to 3view plans for a Piper Cub J3? I'm trying to put together a "kit" for a friend of mine who, while he has owned and flown one for years, has never built a solid scale model. I've looked on the internet but so far have not come up with any such plans that may hopefully also have cross-sections.
Cliff.

Cliff,

There should be the military spec cub in the Aircraft of the Fighting Powers Series.  I can look over the weekend.  Differences from the civilian model are more glazing and exposed engine (at least compared to post war ones).

Will

Mark Braunlich

Will

Hi Cliff,

I've uploaded the Cub drawing to SMM.  It's the military version from AFP.  By volume 3 the drawings in Aircraft of the Fighting Powers seem ideal for solid modelling.  They actually look like the planes but without the excessive line-density (as we used to call it at architecture-school) obscuring the shapes of the last volumes.

Regards
Will

cliff strachan

Thanks everyone - Lou, Will, Garet and Mark - for the very generous response to my request for plans for the J3. It indicates the real value of a group and forum such as ours. I can't help but wish more "outsiders" could realize the benefits of our group.
Cliff.

lastvautour

The hotfilesearch site no longer hosts hotfiles. I read that they were being sued for copyright infringement. I delete the link from the link board. I did find two links that may or may not work for you. I tried one and it did deliver, the other failed to do so. I downloaded Paul Matt Drawings Vol I and II when Hotfile was still active but I am reluctant to post them due to copyright. However here is where they are located for the moment.

http://www.filestube.com/p/paul+matt+drawings

Lou

cliff strachan

Thanks again Lou. I'll see what else I can do. Incidently, I bought Vol I of Matt's drawings when I was in Oshkosh a couple of years ago but not Vol II? Also and again incidently, I now have the main geer on my P51 and should be able to send additional land photos in at most a couple a days - providing that my computer source is available. Don't really know how this works in but however.
Cliff.

Oceaneer99

Cliff,

I sent you some additional drawings from a book that I have.

Garet

cliff strachan

Thanks Garet. But as I've mentioned elsewhere it seems that the library's got some restrictions on opening messages. I just may have to get a computer after all.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Did you manage to get any of Paul Matts J-3 drawings?

Lou

cliff strachan

Hi Lou. Got them OK from Garet just now.

Cliff