• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Current Project updates

Started by Oceaneer99, January 11, 2008, 07:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Updates of Garet's (Oceaneer99) current projects

Oceaneer99

Printed USS Preston superstructure onto Bristol board, a test of the board and my new laser printer. It ended up curled, but seems to flatten okay.

Pulled out the rough cut pieces of 1/350 PT-10, considering making another one.

Still looking into building a SIPA S.70.

Found some nice photos of a new Italian (German manufacture) submarine and am thinking about making a small model of it. Todoro Class Submarine (Type 212).  It has an X-tail!

Brisol Spaceplanes Ascender needs more sealer on its engines, then primer and assembly to the wings.

Working on building a larger light tent for photography.  My current one is 12 x 12 x 12 inches.  I'd like a new one 18 x 18 x 18 inches (roughly a half meter cube).  I'd like to use PVC pipe and fittings and then use white nylon fabric to diffuse the light.  I found a cube-corner sprinkler pipe fitting, but one of the three sockets is threaded.  I bought a drill bit that I think I can use to drill out the threads to the right diameter for 1/2 inch PVC pipe.  I'll probably need to come up with a new light stand to go with it -- my old one now lights my wife's sewing table!

No progress on my small balsa and tissue Hawker Hurricane, though the wings are now complete with dihedral.

Garet