Cliff Vickers Vedette
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: January 31, 2010, 05:52:10 PM

lastvautour

Ken has already selected two models:
Marcos' Air Tractor 802F and
Terry's Short Mayo composite

I had it down to 8 but that is way to many. Since Ken started with two, I will continue as such. I personnal like these two:
Cliff's Vedette and
TBA (one of 5 since Ken already nominated two that I had on my list)

Lou

dave_t

I nominate Ken's sharp F-102 and Paul's curiously creative Heinkel 113. Barry as modeler of the year (for sheer numbers and unique subjects)

Joe

Hola de la Isla Cozumel!

We are on our annual New Year's dive trip to this lovely island, but through the magic of the Internet I can tune in.  

My, what a difficult process:  all the models are so wonderful.  But, forced to choose two, I must needs select Paul's DC-2 and Jim's Strombecker Boeing Stratoliner.  As for Modeler of the Year, I would like to nominate Garet--his efforts in the area of stitching and archiving plans are a boon to all of us.

Su Amigo,

Joe

Ken Pugh

I am trying to transplant my post from modeler to model.  Here goes.

I would like to nominate the following two models.  For some reason I cannot get the image to work for the Short Mayo Composite. Note: Terry's image address is longer than most covering just over three lines of text. The property section will only display two lines, but all three are there. You must ensure that the property address ends with .jpg    Your friendly administrative crew at your service.

Ken Pugh

Air Tractor 802F by Marcos Borges

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3460

Short Mayo Composite by Terry Patrick

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3544

lastvautour

My second nomination is Dave's Air-Toon Spitfire.

Lou

lastvautour

A list of nominees will be placed in the first post to the Model of the Year photo post.

Lou

cliff strachan

Coincidentally I had in mind to nominate the very same two that Ken Pugh nominated but he beat me to it. Therefore I guess I'll second his nomination.

Cliff.

lastvautour

A pole has been set up to vote on the 8 nominees.

DC-2
HE-113
Short Mayo Composite
Spitfire
Vedette
Stratoliner
F-102A
Airtractor

Please vote for your favorite.

Boomerang

I would like to put my vote forward for Terry's Short Mayo Composite.

Gordon

lastvautour

Gordon, please select your choice at the top of the page.

Lou

Boomerang

cliff strachan

Congratulations Terry on your Short Mayo Composite model being recognized as The Model of the Year. It certainly complies with my criteria for such acknowledgement being, as it is, an example of fine finishing and the choice of a model that replicates an historically unique aircraft - one that I think is not readily available on the mass market.

Now all that is hoped for is that you could enlighten us a bit about your building techniques, why you choose that aircraft and perhaps something about its historical significance.

Cliff.