• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 Ann 1/48 RCAF Beech C-90B King Air 17 Nov 21 - 9 Jan 22

Started by lastvautour, November 17, 2021, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Looks like the new spray booth is getting a good workout.
Fraser

lastvautour

I noticed the overspray is at the bottom of the filter, although the fan inlet is about 3/4 of the way up. That shows be the air flow pattern is better than I originally hoped for.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

Primed, sanded and primed a second time. Ready for paint. Decals ordered last week so with Christmas mail, heaven on knows when they will show up. Hopefully before  year's end.

Gearup

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon and Fraser. quality control checks revealed the need for some final sanding. Next will be another coatr of primer and then the white/dark navy blue paint scheme.

Lou

lastvautour

Ready for colour scheme. Decals ordered over a week ago. Hopefully they will be here when the model is ready.

Lou

lastvautour

AK paint over Rustoleum white primer. Next will be clear gloss.

Lou
Note masking tape still on model.

Boomerang

Looking good Lou.

Are you using the Tamiya tape that does curves?

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I am using tape that curves but cannot remember the brand.

Lou

lastvautour

Supply issues will push this model to # 1 in 2022. I ran out of clear gloss. I had my booster shot yesterday and I am not feeling that great today so I probably will not go out.

Lou

Boomerang

Dave T

Looks good so far.

A military version of this, the RC-12 Guardrail, flew over here. Of course, I wanted to carve one after that, but drawings were scarce.

lastvautour

The colours are Royal Canadian Air Force but they are contracted out. We do use military pilots to train other pilots on multi engine.

Lou