• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 Fokker Triplane Started July 2018 completed 31 DEC 2020

Started by Boomerang, October 31, 2020, 11:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

That is a dazzling camo pattern. Quite unique. I also like the idea of using the wet tissue to simulate the padding around the cockpit. Gives it a good "soft" looking texture.
Fraser

Boomerang

Thanks Fraser and Lou.

The pilot wanted it this way as he said it would be an "optical illusion " to any attacking fighter.
Certainly had me going at times .... errr black ... err no white.... combined with "Fokker streaky green".

Just putting the finishing touches to it. Control wires etc ... the last thing to go on will be the undercarriage.

The good thing about the DR1 is the very minimal Bracing.

Just dug out a 1/32 Sopwith triplane I started back about year dot. Can't find the original drawing I used but have a new 1/32 drawing and most of the previous work can be saved Yayyy .

Will post DR 1 after finishing off and having gone through quality control. (Definitely by years end)

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Gordon,
There is an optical illusion developed on Canadian F-18 fighters. A canopy outline in black is painted on the bottom of the fuselage. The idea is to cause a split second to confuse the orientation of the aircraft in a dogfight. I think it's there to confuse airshow audiences 🤪
Fraser

Boomerang

Aye tis finished.

Cheers
  Gordon

Boomerang

A few more

lastvautour

Excellent DR.1 Gordon and just in time for the yearbook.

Lou

Gearup

Nice to see your completed model. Outstanding paint scheme for sure.
Fraser

buccfan

Very nice indeed Gordon, paint scheme is excellent, regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Thank You all.

Did a little bit of refining yesterday. Added the wing tip skids the cockpit step and the tailplane supports .

Cheers

Gordon