Started by lastvautour, June 25, 2020, 07:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Rear gun blister in rough cut.

Lou

lastvautour

Progress report. The Beaufighter is now awaiting primer/sealer and some minor work on the nacelles. I am experimenting with plastic rod to do the antennae. The nose one is resting in place and will be attached following paint and decals.

Lou

Model Maker

It's certainly coming along. Looks great.

I see from some earlier photos that you have a much better way to fit the nacelles to the wing than I have been using. Use of the Vee notch in the wing would certainly eliminate a lot of work compared to the contour filing I have been using.

One question. I've observed lighter fluid in several of your photos. Do you use it for something other than filling lighters?

lastvautour

It safely stores and dispense brush cleaning fluid. Been using it for over 50 years.

Lou

lastvautour

Beaufighter is primed and sanded. The wheel nacelle blister are attached and await final sanding to blend them into the nacelles. I hope to have roll out during the month of August.

Lou

lastvautour

Gearup

Actually my models are a long sequence of oops 🤪🤪

lastvautour

My big oops don't make it to SMM.

Beaufighter brush painted and then sprayed with Krylon gloss. I still have to make the decals. I have a serial number but cannot link it to a Sqn code letter. 410 Sqn wore a dark red RA on their birds.

Lou

lastvautour

Fictitious code letter L for Lucy, our dog. Serial R2402 is legit for a 410 Sqn Beaufighter flown Apr 42 to Jan 43.

Lou
Note serial number will be changed to R2402 prior to final printing.

Boomerang

lastvautour

Antennae have been attached and await some paint. I used Evergreen plastic rods.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 7 August 2020. A very satisfactory build. Finish is Model Master flat black with Krylon gloss coat.

Lou

lastvautour