• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

DH-2

Started by Jim, December 05, 2017, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Didn't mean to jump the gun our your WW1 cookup, gents, but I just finished up this DH-2. 24 Squadron RFC markings. Scale is roughly 1:45. Basswood wings and fuselage; bamboo struts. Acrylic paint and homemade decals. From an Outerzone plan.

Oh, and if I'm ever heard to express an interest in building another model of a "pusher," someone please hit me over the head... ;D
And so it goes...

Jim

Couple more angles
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Lovely build. What plans are you using for your biplanes? Your DH-2 will go in the 2017 build.

Lou

Boomerang

Well Done! Love it.

Gordon

Jim

What plans, Lou? 

Well, they come from all over, really. The DH-2 plan, as I wrote, was initially for a large stick-and-tissue model, found on the Outerzone website. All kinds of great stuff over there. I think the Fokker D-VII model came from there, also. The Tripe and the Nieuport, IIRC, were Aeromodelisimo plans from Revista Lupin; not quite certain where they came from. Might even have been from here. And the Camel was from a Wylam plan that I believe I found here.

My next project is an Albatros D-III, from a 1934 plan out of Flying Aces magazine, I think I found it on Kenny Horne's wonderful website. 
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Thank you Fingers. I also plan on doing some WWI planes, ships and at least one tank probably a Mark I Male.

Lou