• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

de Havilland DH88 racer

Started by FlyingS, November 04, 2017, 04:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingS

My next plane #4 is the de Havilland DH88, racer from the 30's

I have the plans sized and printed, now to see if I have enough bass wood.

lastvautour

There was a racer cook-up with a couple of Comets. Here are the photos from the Cook-Up photo album.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1413.msg15646#msg15646

Lou

FlyingS

Finally got time to start it. This is the end of my big block of bass wood. :-/

lastvautour

lastvautour

How is your Comet progressing?

Lou

FlyingS

I've been under the weather then I was trying to catch up on my Hall' s bulldog racer. I find I can only concentrate on one model at a time. Almost done with the Bulldog and I will get back on the the DeHavilland.

lastvautour

I feel for you. My head cold has been on and off for over a month. Get well soon.

Lou

Flying T

what scale is the 88 going to be? will u be using acrylic paint on it? waiting to see it
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

FlyingS

It's going to be 1/38 scale. I like using the acrylic paint for the easy clean up. I'm going to experiment with some of the artist acrylics instead of the craft paint and see how that covers. I also plan to use the water base polyurethane. I think it gives a thicker looking clear coat instead the spray. I did one of my bases with it and liked the results.

FlyingS

Have the de Havilland cut out. Should have time to work on it since the temp. outside is going to break 90 degrees and humid.

lastvautour

Looks like a Comet and reminds me of when I built mone. This stage is a dream stage and hold so much promise.  I am sure your Comet will be outstanding.

Lou