• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SS Gothic.

Started by Marsh, April 27, 2016, 03:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Hi All, I am going to have a go at Modelcrafts Gothic, I have made a start but it will be slow. Don't seem to be able to post photos.

lastvautour

Marsh, send me the photos and I will post them for you. Since I will not be building for the next 6 months, I must live through the membership's projects.

Lou

Marsh

Lou, Are you OK, not like you to be off for so long. Hope all is well. I have a new laptop and I am not too good on it just now, l have lost all my photos on this site (down to me).
Marsh.

lastvautour

I am fine. My tools are all packed up for an upcoming move to my home town(village) area. I have two sisters, a brother and my father still there. Dad is 98 and still going strong.

Lou

Marsh

Good news, best of luck with the move. I will try to send you some photos. Marsh.

lastvautour

Here are three photos of Marsh's SS Gothic. Looking good.

Lou

Marsh's words:
Lou, Hope you get this, Just some photos of the start of SS Gothic. Might be a long job as I have Hols. to get but we will see. I am going to make a full hull not a water line. Cut hull out then cut on the water line to help me get the shape, have put a bit of ply in to make up for the cut.
Marsh.

Marsh

Marsh

Hi, The site won't let me up load photos, so I hope Lou will put them on when he can.
Stem and stern inserts fitted (made of brass) to help with shaping the correct profile of the hull. The raised forecastle fitted and shaped, with filler (plastic padding). Deck B Fitted with plastic card facing.
Next job the forecastle bulwark (brass or plastic card?).
Marsh.

Biggles

John 15:13

lastvautour

SS Gothic future home.

Lou

Marsh

Thanks Lou for the post. Marsh.

lastvautour

Two new progress shots of Marsh's SS Gothic. Nice going Marsh.

Lou

Marsh

lastvautour

Marsh's SS Gothic is coming along beautifully.

Lou

lastvautour

Loaded image into photo program and save as new image. Don't know why the first one ended up upside down.

Lou