• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 HMCS Bonaventure Started 1 April 2008

Started by lastvautour, April 18, 2008, 05:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The majority of the decks edge is lined with safety nets. Here is a first crack at it. The netting is screen door mesh that will be painted white and lined up properly.

Lou

Oceaneer99

wow, that is delicate work, Lou!  It's looking great!

lastvautour

Thank you Garet. She has been idle far to long.

Lou

buccfan

Fine work drilling those holes Lou, the screen mesh looks effective. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Would you believe I ran out of glue and had to sideline the Bonnie on the weekend. I cut out a few catwalks which were attached this morning. probably will have some progress shots by the end of the week.

Lou

buccfan

You can never have too much glue, I have just found out that Toolstation have just started stocking Elmers range of glue in their new catalogue here in the UK. The only time I ever got Elmers before was in a flatpack bookshelf for gluing the dowels in, you got a small bottle of Elmers Glue All. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Elmer is a common brand out here. I started attaching the cat walks and the Landing System Light platform. Much much more needs to be done. I don't anticipate launching much before 2015.

Lou

buccfan

I like your landing lights Lou, your carrier will still get its keel wet before our two new Queen Elizabeth Class carriers, du in 2016 and 2018. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier .Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

buccfan

I think they have just scaled up the design from the Invincible class, as they just had the straight deck for the Harriers to take off from, and at the moment the F35's will take off the same way (unless they change their minds again). Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The cradle will enable rotating the ship to get at various areas with little danger of damage to those areas already done. Here we have a view of the forward netting and railings around the port landing light system.

Lou

lastvautour

Today we finished the Bonnie's launches and work boats. Each boat is 2 1/4 inches long. The finish is shellac and acrylic white white decals for windows. Each will rest in its own bay within the side of the Bonnie and be seen from the side only.

Lou

buccfan

Lovely detailing on the small size of the boats Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. There is a small 14 footer still to come.

Lou

lastvautour