• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tutorial Novice - HMCS Bonaventure Air Fleet - 1/240 Tracker/Banshee/Horse

Started by lastvautour, November 17, 2015, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. Maybe you will do Majestic Class HMAS Melbourne some day. It had a much more varied air arm fleet that the RCN.

Lou

lastvautour

Canopy masking and paint. I need to touch up the anti glare panel as it should taper at the front.

Lou

lastvautour

The metallic leading edges do not show up very well in this photo. I need a photo box like Garet had sometime ago.

Lou

lastvautour

Undercarriage on.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,
Maybe not the Melbourne but a Sea Fury, Sea Venom and a Gannet are in the mix for some time down the track.

Also pondering a Sycamore.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Gun ports added. CanMilAir advised the decals were in the mail.

Lou

lastvautour

Banshee roll out at 6 PM Jan 28 2016. CanMilAir decals went on well despite my fat fingers. At 1/240 scale, those ejection triangles are pretty small.

Lou

lastvautour

Additional photos.

Lou

lastvautour

The 1/240 HMCS Bonaventure tutorial is complete. The tutorial never closes, so any future questions are more than welcomed.

Lou

lastvautour

Comparative scale photos.

Lou

Model Maker

Lou:

I've been following your progress on these three models over the past while. They are certainly impressive!! I can only imagine how a squadron of each will look on the flight deck of the Bonney.

-ken

buccfan

Looks great Lou, an impressive decal operation.   Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

airtype22

Lou, I have been following your tutorial and the results have been beyond my expectations, I have a "horse" well on the way and look forward to starting a tracker and banshees. I have to say that I was on the verge of packing it in and your instructing technique saved the day.  I'll send you some photos of the project.  Many thanks.  Don

lastvautour