• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2017 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 04, 2017, 07:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Quickly approaching 3 million views in the gallery.

7,709 files in 333 albums and 17 categories with 742 comments viewed 2,899,112 times

The forum is also getting great viewership and I wish more would join in.

Total page views:4,689,818

Lou

lastvautour

I currently doing decals for the Cessna 310 and applying the white finish to the Liberator. I took out a 1/350 scale T2 Tanker I started last year but put it back on the shelf when my drawings could not be found. I need to go on line to download new ones. I have 1 new project that is proving troublesome as there are no decent drawings of the Stinson Reliant SR-8. I have a drawing for a scale rubber power model that is being worked on but the side view is not in scale with the top and front view. When the from view has a circular cowling opening, it distorts the top fuselage view.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Yak 1 - progressing. Still need to make up some exhausts.

Yak 4 - All the big bits done. Getting final shape of engines right.

Caproni CH 1- A little bit of progress - detail shaping of the fuselage completed. Wings sanded and
   primed. At some stage I'll make up a comb to do the ribs.

Brandenburg W29 - 1/48 - started .

Won't be able to do anything till beginning of June. I'm heading off with a couple of mates for a trip
   Across the Simpson Desert here in Oz.

Cheers
   Gordon

lastvautour

R.F.Bennett

Have you checked out the gallery lately? Quite a few uploads by Mr.Todd,  http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=367&page=1

Great work Mr.Todd,

If anyone needs their gallery space limit increased please let us know at; Administrator@solidmodelmemories.net
If you would like a Project board of your own, please do the same. I will warn you however, if it stays empty for months it will be removed. They do make the front page take longer to load.

???  :o  ::)  ;)   XRay. . .
"The Dude Abides"

Pete1616

I agree with Ray, that is indeed a fine collection of models by Johnnytodd! Excellent work on aircraft as well as ships. Is that wave Acton with the PT boat really a crumpled garbage bag?

As my hands become more arthritic, I'm slowing down...only 11 more to go..... four helicopters, Boeing Vertol Labrador, Sikorsky S51, R4, R6. A  B24,  Anson, Spitfire, U2,F86, and a Tracker. Some I'm repeating as the first ones are in a museum, others.....They're all cut out, and I always try to finish what I start. The Sikorsky R6 just needs landing gear.

As I gave my wood away, I guess I'll stop when these are done...maybe....

Pete1616

R.F.Bennett

Wood has a way of showing up when it's needed. It grows on trees ya know. . .     ::)  :P  ???  :o
"The Dude Abides"

johnnytodd

Quote from: Pete1616 on May 09, 2017, 09:31:40 PM
Is that wave Acton with the PT boat really a crumpled garbage bag?

Yes!  a garbage bag! - my secret has been discovered