• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Snow!

Started by Oceaneer99, January 19, 2012, 12:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

After some light snow earlier in the week, Seattle got a big dump (for here) last night.  We live on a hill and spent the morning sledding (and I even went down on cross country skis).  My daughter slid into a parked car, though, and bruised/cut her lip and chin, which are quite swollen.  She's doing better now, watching a video of Wind in the Willows, but looks like she's been in a brawl.  Alas, it is forecast rain and drop below freezing before climbing above freezing by late morning tomorrow.  It's supposed to be 7C by Friday, with lots of rain.  That's pretty mild by the standards of the weather some of you gents get!

Garet

lastvautour

That is a four letter word and should not be mentioned in mixed company. Ground completely bare in Greenwood. Comes and goes every other day this winter. + 9 yesterday, - 10 this morning, Achoo many times over.

Lou

Peter

We just got the same dump as you Garet! The nice thing about the West Coast is it doesn't last long. But it sure looks pretty whe it's here.

Peter

cliff strachan

I should really keep you guys posted on Climate Change. Here in the 'Peg winter has finally arrived about a week ago. That's approximately when I finally plugged in my car, put on my parka, it snowed and is staying, and the temperature is staying about -20C. But we still have the affects of Climate Change - it's blowing all the time!
Cliff.

Peter

The Peg is a whole different kinda cold! It was just on the news that Saskatoon is -48C. So your having Summer like weather. I still wouldn't live in any other country, eh!

Peter

Oceaneer99

I drove through Manitoba and Saskatchewan one summer many years ago, and heard the stories of the winters!  Pleasant summers, though.

Garet

lastvautour

Snowing here now since 10 Am.

Lou

Balsabasher

UK weather is cold,damp and dreary,some sharp frosts which killed my car battery the other evening !
Barry.
Lets see some pictures of what real snow looks like ?

Mark Braunlich

This pic from a few years ago but we're getting hammered with a blizzard as I type.

Balsabasher

That sure is a lot of snow Mark,and the weight of it on that roof ?
Barry.

lastvautour

We just had a light dusting of 10cm or so. Nice today and warmer for tomorrow.

Lou

cliff strachan

Oh I guess I've got to do this. My intention was not to draw a comparison between areas as to which might be the coldest. But, after suggesting that as I had not yet plugged in my car or had put on my parka while I normally would have some months ago, I thought, that with the winds still blowing like mad and, as the engineers among us well know - wind equals energy equals heat - there might be something to Global Warming after all! As to temperatures and so-called wind chill I still go by Fahrenheit and ignore wind chill - they didn't have such a thing when I was young. They assumed we were knowledgeable enough to get out of the wind! Probably we should end it here.

Cliff

lastvautour

Just a balmy -15C. Not Winnipeg cold but still a chilly morning.
First shot is my back yard at approx 7:30 AM followed by the front yard minutes later. No breeze so chill factor.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, that first shot of your back yard is beautiful. You lucky so-and-so! Of course it's much like the view I normally get of the parking lot - that is, when there's not too much snow.
Cliff.

Balsabasher

Love these mega snow images,that sure is one big backyard Lou !
Barry.