• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Veri-Tru plans-The Handley Page Halifax III uploaded to our archive

Started by Balsabasher, August 16, 2011, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Just uploaded to our files section is the plan for the 'Veri-tru' Halifax III,these plans were usually sold over the counter in model shops where the retailer would supply you with a nice set of radial engines made from fired red clay,a set of tin propellers,a packet of this celluloid moulded cockpit canopies,some red clay wheels or possibly if you were lucky made from Bakelite,some tin undercarriage legs,a set of standard transfers for bombers and bottles of camouflage green and brown ,plus black dope usually poured into your own glass bottles !
The series was fairly extensive with some interesting subjects such as the Sikorsky Hoverfly helicopter,has anyone done a complete listing of these plans ?
You will note some creases in the drawings,despite trying to roll them out they re-appeared,there is a good historical reason even for the creases ! you see my father carted these drawings all over America and Canada when he was doing his flying training,they had been placed into one of those military kit-bags that jumbled everything together,they smell old even and well deserve eing reproduced here for everyone to enjoy and build from.
As the plans are to a really awkward size then you will need to paste them together to join up the fuselage etc,but that is fine,I have other Veri-tru plans to upload in the future,I hope that they give you the enjoyment that they have with myself,a true blast from the past in times of war.
Barry.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/VERI-TRU_HALIFAX_III_1.jpg

lastvautour

I saw them and they are great. I also found the making of the Hercules engines the Halifax flew with. I might try it someday!!!

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Is Magazine and Book Covers the right section for them?
Mark

Balsabasher

Mark it was the nearest section that I could find ? I agree perhaps we can create a section for 'Magazine articles' I have other old material that would be at home there as well,any chance of such a section Garet ?
Barry.

Oceaneer99

I added some new sections (one for magazine articles, one for advertisements, and one for illustrations) to Ephemera and moved some files around a bit.  I hope that helps!

Garet

Balsabasher

Thank you for doing that Garet,the new layout will prove more versatile and keep things tidy for us all.
Barry.