• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

New Home

Started by lastvautour, March 23, 2016, 07:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Taking a house hunting trip this weekend. It is approx five hours from here so I hope mother nature is a good girl. If successful, construction will stop pending the move. I have boxes set up from the last showing so another four boxes should carry my wooden collection. I have 250+ plastic models that may just stay on the shelf for the new owners of this place. In anticipation I have packed 75% of my unbuilt plastic
kits which leaves me with about 60 to go. I have boxes. If the deal fall through I may just sell the plastic kits in a blind auction. I would sell the first box for $20.00 and have it opened in front of everyone. Each box has a combination of three major scales, some started (not many) some still wrapped and the rest just opened with parts still in the plastic bags,

Lou

Kenny Horne

Good luck with the Upheaval Lou,

Thank God I'm nowhere near you.   I can never look past a box of models.  The last thing I need  :)

Hope everything goes well,

Kenny

lastvautour

We made an offer on a new home and will list our current house Tuesday. I hope it sells with a few months.

Lou

lastvautour

Just finished packing 260 built and 250 unbuilt plastic models. Tomorrow the wooden collection.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Lots of positive comments but alas no offer. 8th viewers coming tomorrow 11 Apr. The best thing is being able to take SMM anywhere in the world. That would have been impossible just 30 years ago. For all its faults, we live in a marvelous world.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Good luck Lou and keep up those positive vibes.

Kenny

lastvautour

House sold last Friday and things are on schedule for a early July move.   We are going from 1700 sq ft to 1055 sq ft so a lot has gone to the curb. With several trips to the recycle place and placing some stuff with the Salvation Army there is till lots of junk to dispose of. The collection is safely wrapped in foam and will survive all but a total destruction of the moving van. Having moved 15 times before gives one a sense of what is needed. On one move (1977), the packer sneaked into the basement without my knowing and had packed most of my plastic collection. He broke almost every model I had at the time. At 19 cents a pound insurance it was not worth wasting paper to make a claim. Claim payouts are much more reasonable now a days.

Lou

lastvautour

Going off the grid for a week or so. Furniture is being loaded tomorrow and we will hit the road Thu morning.

Lou

Peter

I hope your move goes smooth!

Peter

lastvautour

Upstair pretty well done. Basement is a sea of boxes. Does not appear to be any damage.

Lou

buccfan

Glad to hear it's going well Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Found my 1/350 scale ships all intact. Not even an antenna broken. I currently have HMS Barry Clay on my mantle.

Lou

Pete1616

Downsizing is tough, Lou....but you have survived! We've moved  twice since I started wood carving.

Once again though I find that there is some brutal cleaning out to be done....scraps of mahogany, cedar etc.I just have to get serious about it.

Your old workshop was so large, compressing it to fit must be a challenge........Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

I have not even started to look at setting up a work shop.

Lou