• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Shadow 200

Started by Boomerang, June 23, 2010, 06:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

A quick build . Took approx 24 hours all up.
   Scale is approx 1/21 giving a  wingspan of 8" . Balsa with booms  from 4mm dowel. Tail and U/C are from
   1mm ply.

lastvautour

Real nice work Gordon. I am considering the Heron but cannot find decent drawings. You did great with this one. Congratulations.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Boomerang, can you tell us about that neat display base you made?

Balsabasher

This model just shows that sometimes simple subjects can have great appeal,its a little beauty.
Barry.

Boomerang

The base is a piece of pine . The picture is portion of an  air photo off the net.
  The square shape for the base chosen to represent a map grid square.
  I thought it needed to be displayed in an attitude for which it was designed.

There is a sort of family connection with this . I'll leave it at that for the moment.

The advances in UAV capability make for interesting reading.

I'll have to check out the Heron now.

Cheers
  Gordon

dave_t

I thought the base was a piece of marble!

Balsabasher

There is a big debate going on at the moment on flying UAV's at air shows such s Farnborough,the Civil aviation authorities here will not allow them to demonstrate these remarkable machines near the public,this is a bit silly because they have been flying Jindivik's now for years over public  places near Lllanbedr,no different to a conventional machine except the pilot is on the ground flying it and probably just as reliable without the inflight stress associated with being up there ?
Barry.

Boomerang

Lou
  The Heron looks good. Couldn't find any drawings for it on a quick look on the net.

If some one finds a workable drawing of the ScanEagle it would be appreciated

Cheers
  Gordon

Oceaneer99

Gordon,

I haven't been able to find drawings of the Scan Eagle, but have collected some nice photographs.  Some of the photographs are nearly face-on, so it might be possible to make some drawings from them.  That's a lot of work, though, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Garet

Boomerang

Garet

Thanks for that . I've found some info but its a matter of putting it all together.

Meanwhile I've had another look for more info on the Shadow and have stumbled across the following.

It's a bit better than what I used originally  ( silhouette drawing similar to link above)

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rati.com/multimedia/IMAGES%255C10949.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flightglobal.com/directory/uav/aai-corporation-11919/rq-7b-shadow-200-3402.html&usg=__T2vfbAC7nRnRaUVJqLmooEU83co=&h=195&w=445&sz=38&hl=en&start=15&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=NJeiHg9jySRRzM:&tbnh=56&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAAI%2Bshadow%2B200%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26tbs%3Disch:1

I've been asked to make a bigger "Shadow"  to fit in a display case.
  Cheers
  Gordon