• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Caudron Simoun

Started by Balsabasher, October 08, 2011, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

The Caudron Simoun French light aircraft,lots of pictures in the gallery of the build process.
Barry.

lastvautour

I had a look at your pictures. Nice work. I am considering trying building the cockpit in one of my next projects.(Other than open cockpit a la Peashooter) What are you using for windscreen/windows?

Lou

Balsabasher

The window voids will be masked from the rear and filled with clear casting resin,at least that is the plan Lou,whether it will work is another thing,I have to say that Kenjis method gave me much pleasure in the hollowing out process and a chance to use those half round chisels.
Barry.

Balsabasher

The Caudron Simoun got a coat of red paint yesterday while the sun was shining,still not sure how the cockpit areas will be tackled ? we will just have to see what transpires.
Barry.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/CAUDRON_SIMOUN.JPG

Balsabasher

Finally completed the attractive French light aeroplane the Caudron Simoun,Lou can you please now add this one to this years folder,thank you.
Barry.

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Another nice one!
I love the designs from the 1930's, can't help myself.

Balsabasher

I agree I.Java they have such character and make lovely subjects for model building.
Barry.

lastvautour

You are really on the move. Another fantastic build.

Lou