• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Douglas C-124 Globemaster

Started by Balsabasher, October 11, 2013, 12:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

The Globemaster was completed today,the orange wingtips were masked and painted by hand plus the cockpit areas and passenger windows painted freehand after marking the spots with a tip of a marker pen,this model was made from a plan from our archives,cannot remember the name of the original kit that the plan came from ? its 1=96th scale and I enjoyed building this vintage four engined beauty from yesteryear.
Barry.

Lou you can add this one to the completed 2013 album together with the Percival Prentice,Caudron Simoun and Fairey Junior,thank you.

Peter

Wow Barry your making up for lost time! How do you do paint for the windows and cockpit? I assume your mixing light blue and silver?

Ken Pugh

Love it, Barry.  This is another subject I want to build some day.

Ken

Balsabasher

Yes thats it cerulean blue and silver mixed together makes for convincing windows,if you look at the 1950's Dinky toy aircraft then thats where I got the original idea from Peter.
Barry.

Peter

Thanks Barry, I'll try it on the Hampton.

Peter

Balsabasher

Peter buy a roll of narrow 'Chart tape' from the stationers,mask the framework first using the narrow tape where the framework goes,paint on your silver/blue mix,let it dry,pull off tape and hey presto instant framework and a geat looking cockpit.
Barry.

Peter

Thanks Barry I will look for the chart tape.

Peter