• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Small flying solid model Tiger Moth with a camera takes to the skies

Started by Balsabasher, June 13, 2014, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Take a solid model Tiger Moth carved from balsa and hollowed out,wingspan of 18 inches,fit miniature radio and lash a cheap camera underneath with velcro,then take it up to1,000 feet on a still evening with the camera running and do a survey of the crops,with all of the rain we have had they look healthy enough,watch the bit at the end where I bring the Tiger Moth in close to the hedgegrow and land on a bit of set aside alongside my garden,they used to make flying rubber models from balsa logs in the old 'Flying Aces' magazines.
Its low tech,the secret is like all flying models trimming them out and getting the centre of gravity spot on,its a lash up but it works.

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/UDAZONE/media/TIGERMOTHCAMERASHIP13062014.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Boomerang

lastvautour

cliff strachan

That is a real nice video of your Tiger Moth Barry. I haven't replied for awhile because of, among other things, I couldn't get the sound to work. But it did seem to be a little noisier than I recalled. But perhaps by now they have made  a twin engined Moth ;). Nice countryside shots also. Makes one wish they could resume travelling again.

Cliff.

Pete1616

Lovely countryside! You live in an area that is the England of my memories.....I missed the castles though. Nice flying, Barry....Pete
Pete1616