• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Pioneer aircraft collection comes up for auction

Started by Balsabasher, May 30, 2014, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

http://tinyurl.com/o9dtdoz

These beautiful models are all to 1=72ND scale ! a lifte times work in miniature,marvel at the intricate detailing.

Barry.

Will

Hi Barry, the whole collection was sold two weeks ago, in one lot in the end for £110,000 - see my post about the results on Mark's "misc" thread.

They are absolutely fantastic models, especially some of the weirder and even more obscure ones.

Will

Balsabasher

Thats good to hear that this unique collection has not been split up.

Some of my own models went today to a private museum in Brazil in a huge crate.

Barry.

lastvautour

Barry, I hope you took photos before sending them. I for one would like to know what was sent and to see the photos if you took them.

Lou

Balsabasher

I will sort some out Lou,one was a Terrafugia roadable aeroplane.

Barry.

cliff strachan

I, for one, was very much fascinated by the models as they were displayed. I'm certainly glad that the gentleman received what I would think would be an appropriate sum for such wonderful works of art. Personally I imagine that he was obligated to draw up some type of plans - from pictures no less! And all the same scale. Wonderful, wonderful. And all of the history involved! I 'm speechless with joy for a fellow modeler. I doubt very much if the gentleman realizes what he has accomplished for aviation in general or model building in particular - and for that matter if he has heard of our little group SMM, whose avowed intention is to keep the hobby alive - but he has shown to an unbelieving world that there is value  embodied in the hobby.

Cliff.