• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

What Other (non-Solid Scale Model) Projects Do You Do?

Started by High Plains, November 08, 2013, 04:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Plains

I was wondering what other kinds of projects do (other than models) do folks here do? Do you do other kinds of woodworking, or do you see yourself primarily as a modeller? I want to learn how to do woodworking and I see SSMs as part of woodworking.

(I did see Lou's "Honey Do" thread, nice lighthouses).

Balsabasher

High Plains first and foremost a modeller but able to turn my hand to any woodwork that needs doing,for example this month I have constructed an aircraft type wheel chock for stopping my electric tricycle rolling downhill when I park up plus a custom built battery box for the lithium battery conversion that I did on it,I think most model builders are very versatile people able to turn their hand to almost anything that requires attention,a model builder has to solve problems and use all sorts of different materials and know how to work with them,I think we are jolly useful chaps !
Barry.

lastvautour

I do lighthouses to generate funds for modelling and have made some plywood reindeer for the same purpose. On the hobby scene I also do plastic models which are displayed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/8416077@N08/

You will note I also display some off our other SMM member's carvings on this site.

Lou

Peter

I just noticed this thread, I have a long list of nerdy hobbies. astronomy, genealogy, geocaching, disk golf, regular golf, wargaming, roleplaying games, Freemasonry, history and most recently whittling which lead me to SMM.

Peter

My first efforts at ships in bottles. It was through this website I first heard about SSM.

Peter

A sheep I whittled for my insomniac wife.

Balsabasher

Peter your skills know no boundaries,your models are magnificent and I have always admired the painting skills of wargamers,thank you for showing us your other interests.
Barry.

lastvautour

Nice sheep. Love the legs. You have hidden talents that you failed to reveal to us.

Lou

lastvautour

Jorrit, what kits are you making? I currently have a 1/48 J-8II that is just about done. I will let you know when I post photos to flickr.

Lou

Pete1616

After carving songbirds for many years, my painter (wife) stopped painting. That's when I started carving aircraft....2003. Since then I have digressed a bit, I carved 12 guitars for my musical friends, a couple mandolins for two that play them, and a bouzouki for myself. I've started a stand up bass and have plans for a harp....nothing too large!
In the past I've also carved cats, dolphins, kayaks, dogs, whales, and assorted ducks and loons. some are still around gathering dust.
Pete1616