• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Flying Boat Cook Up

Started by lastvautour, January 17, 2008, 04:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Yes it does. Our group builds never close.

Lou

Biggles

Thanks! It will probably be some time before I get around to finishing the Catalina, the blue bird is the first priority.
Biggles
John 15:13

lastvautour

A magnificent SM-55X from Guy.

Lou

lastvautour

An excellent Savoia Matchetti SM 62 from Gera. Amazingly, this beauty is in 1/100 scale.

Lou

lastvautour

This post has been inactive for a while. I neglected to add my 1/144 Sunderland and 1/72 Goose to the mix. In addition I have a Catalina on the bench that should be done shortly.

Lou

Boomerang

Would my Macchi M5 and Douglas Dolphin qualify?

Gordon

lastvautour

Gordon, your two flying boats are indeed qualifiers for this cook-up.

Here are two magnificent models from Gordon's skillful hands. The first is a 1/32 Macchi M5 and the second a 1/72 Douglas Dolphin.

Lou

lastvautour

While spending a few leisure minutes surfing Gordon's gallery album, i came upon another model that we missed adding to the cook-up. Here is a diminutive gem Sea Skimmer in 1/72 scale.

Lou

lastvautour

More additions to the cook-up are Pete's very fine box scale Catalina, Vickers Vedette, Beriev R-1, Beriev BE-4, Short Sunderland, Consolidated Commodore, Canadair CL415 and Grumman Albatross.

Lou

lastvautour

Further searches found this 1/56 beauty hiding in Johnnytodd's photo album. This Catalinas was submitted in Jan 2013.

Lou

lastvautour

Guy Lacasse gave us this rare Sikorsky S38.

Lou

Jim

Well, if we're talking about old submissions here, I can contribute these two: a PBY-5 Catalina from 2012 and a Sikorsky S-39 from 2008...
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Thank you Jim, both are an excellent addition to the cook-up.

Lou

lastvautour

The latest Flying Boats is a 1/144 Consolidated Catalina.

Lou