• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

F-102 Delta Dagger for Century Jets cookup

Started by Ken Pugh, February 11, 2009, 07:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Pugh

The lettering, was it done by word processor?  What font?  I have a free Amarillo font that looks great, but it doesn't do numbers or periods.  The F-102 is going to be a challenge because the letters at the intake are bent, but I plan to print them straight then adjust for the bend.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

I downloaded some fonts and one was USAF. The A from the USAF does not match the A in the Navy font. I could not find the USN font anywhere so I substitued the RCN A instead. It is pretty close.
I started here http://hans.presto.tripod.com/fonts/usaaf.html and eventually found several good fonts.
Lou

Ken Pugh

Thanks, Lou.

The above site is where I got the fonts that I have a little trouble with.  I checked our markings area and went through those links.  There I found the one that is shareware with a free trial.  I will try that one when my paper arrives and will pay the gentleman if all works out.  I will also comment on the font here.  This issue is important enough to get right so I'm slowing down the work on the F-102.  I don't like doing graphics creation but the time is coming where I must if I'm going to enjoy the benefits of scratchbuilding, mainly doing the offbeat subjects.  Of course, if I would just build larger models, I wouldn't have these problems, I could just paint everything!

Ken Pugh

Ken Pugh

The F-102 is built and has its markings.  It needs to air out over night then clear coated tomorrow.  When I get on the other side of the clear coats I will post pics.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Ken Pugh

The Delta Dagger is done.  The insignia are leftover decals and the lettering is inkjet made with clear film.  They are thick and I didn't put on enough clear to make them disappear (I ran out).  They also are not entirely black but that kind of stuff will be sorted out in the future while playing with printer settings.

Ken Pugh

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3513

lastvautour

I fully agree with Dave's assessment of your finished F-102.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Thanks, gentlemen.

The century jets had many flaws but they were all beautiful.

Ken Pugh