• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/72 Cessna T-50 Crane Start 26 Feb 22 Complete 22 Mar 22

Started by lastvautour, February 27, 2022, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Also known as the Bobcat in the US. my T-50 will represent one of 800+ purchased for the RCAF. At 1/72 scale, it is 5.5 inches long. And in keeping with Canadian trainers, it will be painted yellow.

Parts are in block form and will probably progress slowly until the Mentor is rolled out.

Lou

Gearup

Saw one in Bandon MB at the Commonwealth training museum. Looking at the construction it must have been a noisy ride indeed.
Fraser

lastvautour

lastvautour

Tail feathers and nacelles attached and filler applied. Next will be sanding and priming followed by placing fuselage framing and wing rib details. The fuselage and wings were partially covered in fabric.

Lou

lastvautour

The Crane was mostly tubular frame and covered in fabric and plywood. Ribbing effect has been done and painting will be next. The current situation has it wet from the final coat of primer.

Lou

lastvautour

Yellow paint applied. Decals had to be redone as I switched the clear and white films. I has all of them cut out before I realized my mistake. New decals printed and await coating before applying.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 22 Mar 2022. A nice little project and another yellow bird. This make 74 of 100 RCAF 100th.

Lou

Gearup

Lou, you have completely out done yourself with the great depiction of the Crane in flight! The pictures with the cloud background and blurred propeller discs really make the mode come alive.

Great Job
Fraser

lastvautour

Gearup

The pictures of the Crane remind me of the Mike Oldfield album Five Miles Out and the song of the same

lastvautour