• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF's 100th - 1/32 DH-60 Gipsy Moth Started 24/01/22 Completed 9 May 2022

Started by lastvautour, January 24, 2022, 04:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Boomerang

lastvautour

Gearup

Looks great Lou. Nice wing detailing. By now, you must have cornered the local market on yellow paint!

Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I just bought another two cans of Duplicolor School Bus Yellow for future project. I have a few more yellow birds left to make.

Lou

lastvautour

I started the rigging and produced some cockpit details.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent details Lou.

How did you do the control horns?

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. My control sticks are round toothpicks with the stick portion sanded to a smaller diameter.

Lou

lastvautour

Details, details, details. Instrument panel should be vertical, however I am taking poetic license.

Moving along

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I have been calling it wrong all along. I was advised that DH spell it with an i - Gipsy.

Gigging of the wings is complete and the remainder will be done after decals are affixed. My exhaust has some twists and turns but finally got it close to what is should be. May be done by month's end.

Lou

lastvautour

Undercarriage, cabane struts. horizontal wing supports, exhaust and wheels await touch ups before assembly.

Lou

lastvautour

Main undercarriage attached as well as the cabane struts followed by the exhaust. It was tricky to insert the exhausts around and behind the cabane structs.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon.
I ordered some elastic thread but decided not to wait for it. That stuff is pricey.

Lou