• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th 1/72 Bellanca CH-300 Pacemaker Started 09 Jan 22 Completed 10 Feb 22

Started by lastvautour, January 13, 2022, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

My second new start of the year is a Pacemaker. The Bellanca CH-300 was better known for bush work and setting long distance records rather than RCAF service that flew 13 of them.

Progress do far is rough cut wing, fuselage and tail feathers. The exposed radial engine will be a challenge for as I have not tried engines smaller 1/32.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Fuselage rough sanded. Our Pacemakers had an engine cowl so no requirement to build up the engine.

Lou

K_mars

The big wing are impressive. looking forward to it.

Kenji

lastvautour

lastvautour

Major components glued and await minor sanding of the tail feather area. Next wing braces and floats.

Lou

lastvautour

Pacemaker is in the paint booth for its initial primer coat.

Lou

lastvautour

I will be doing the engine as the RCAF version did not have it. Materiel has been selected cut and partially assembled. The floats have been carved and assembled as well.

Lou

Gearup

The engine does look like a challenge at that scale. Looks great so far!
Fraser

lastvautour

Indeed, I find doing a radial in this scaler is a challenge. I know there are commercially available resin engine on several websites, but then, I would lose out to so much fun.

Lou

lastvautour

This is as far as I am going to go with the engine. The model is currently in the paint shop for its yellow colour scheme.

Lou

Gearup

Lou. Your hand does give a good scale reference for the model.

Fraser

lastvautour

Less than an inch diameter. This is my smallest radial yet. Three cylinders at the bottom of my DR.1 does not count.

Lou

lastvautour

The floats are done and painted and need only to be attached to the airframe. The fuselage has window decals affixed and await the floats and wing braces.(Photos to follow on final assembly)

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 10 Feb 2022. The engine was problematic due to its small size, but I feel I attained a reasonable facsimile level. Otherwise a satisfying project. This brings my RCAF 100th to 71.

Lou