• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 DHC-2 Beaver 30 Aug 2020 - 26 Mar 2021

Started by lastvautour, August 20, 2020, 07:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

A twin row Kinner would be cool 😀

lastvautour

Here is the engines I did for a 1/32 scale Mitsubishi KI-46 Dinah. I can't find the post where I built it although I have a picture in the gallery.

Lou

lastvautour

Lots of sanding but nothing worth a photo except for the orange crankcase and sump.

Lou

lastvautour

The engine received a bit of attention.

Lou

lastvautour

The wings are blocks shaped and dihedral built in.

Lou

Gearup

lastvautour

The main plane is being sanded to shape and the floats are getting a dolly for display purposes.

Lou

Gearup

Nice Lou. I like how you set the spreaders into the floats for strength. I attached my spreaders with brass pins to the floats. There are many good solutions to model building and I think that is part of the builders challenge.

Fraser

lastvautour

Indeed, variety of approach strengthen the hobby. These are bamboo struts that have greater strength.

Lou

lastvautour

Wings and tail plane test fit. It is beginning to look like a Beaver.

Lou

Gearup

Sure does! I would be interested how you align the model to get the floats rigged.

Fraser

lastvautour

I will use a block of the proper thickness to support the model while the struts are setting. I usually drill holes for the struts alignment. That is what I did for the 1/24 version.

Lou

lastvautour

The Otter Beaver has been placed on the back burner.

Lou

lastvautour

Beaver back on the bench. Tinkering with the floats and the control surfaces.

Lou

Gearup

Floats and empennage looks great. My son commented on the floats for the Beaver I'm putting together. He said they never look that good in real life. Then again, 60 years of bush operations can add some character to them....
Fraser