• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Ray S' Models

Started by lastvautour, January 30, 2018, 02:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Welcome RayS. Please post your model photos and comments in this starter post.

Lou

RScheetz

Hello to all, from the deep South.  I'm looking forward to learning from other wood model fanatics.  I'm a retired Biology teacher who has been into wood models as long as I can remember.  Like many of you it started with solid models such as: Strombecker, Testors, and Dynamodel kits.  As an adult I began collecting old wood kits over the past 30 or so years, and I made a hobby out of restoring/ repairing built-up wood models.  The only two models I have built totally from scratch are a full size replica of the fat boy A bomb, and a large scale USRA Pacific locomotive that is an ongoing project.  I have posted a picture of each, along with a refurbished Testors Connie.  The Connie had one wing in pieces , chewed by a dog, and required new paint and decals.  To me, re-doing old kits is like preserving a bit of history.  I am impressed by the quality of work I have seen posted here, and I'm anxious to learn from the masters.

lastvautour

That Connie looks wonderful Raymond. Your workmanship is nothing to be ashamed. I look forward to more photos of your models.

Lou.

RScheetz

Full size fat boy A-Bomb.  Built like a canoe with thin plywood strips and coated with Bondo.

RScheetz

Large scale Pacific locomotive.  Built with plywood and walnut; operating valve gear, in progress.

lastvautour

Beautiful model. I don't have room for a 1/1 Fat Boy but I am sure it generates a lot of comments.

Lou

Flying T

like your work.what scale do you like to work with,fav? worked on any Cleveland solids?
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)