• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

January 2018 Ping

Started by lastvautour, January 01, 2018, 01:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

My Happy New Year wish is for everyone to be safe.
Happy 2018

Lou

Stats to follow in a few days.

lastvautour

2017 was a good year with 63 models completed by the membership. Here is a comparison of our stat over the last five years.

Year    Topics     Posts  New Members  Pages Viewed

I pass on my heartfelt appreciation to Ray and Garet for providing us with a venue to express ourselves though our shared hobby.
To all our members, thank you for your contribution and I personally look forward to you future submissions.

Lou

lastvautour

2018 will concentrate on WWI projects and the completion of my AL-60 Conestoga, the Bruno Stillman 55, the 1/32 Canadair Sabre and perhaps some progress on the Bonnie.

WWI project to date are a 1/32 Niewport 11 Bebe, 1/350 HMCS Aurora and a 1/32 Mark 1 field tank. I am sure other project will blossom as I want to duplicate  Tom Solury collection.

As a starter to the year, I wish you all success in your model projects as well as filling your life's personal goals.

Lou

Boomerang

2018 - WW1 - T28 Floh(Flea), Macchi M5, Fokker D-VIII.

- Flycatcher and Ca-15 have languished for a while will endeavour to finish them.

-  Several "small " projects that may come to fruition during the year.
          -  Must get into RC MTB as well.

I echo Lou's appreciation to Ray and Garet .
To everyone all the very best for 2018.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I Have received 8 models build by Larry to be added to the poster. That make 71 models in all.

Lou

lastvautour

We have 72 models unless I duplicated one. Comments are welcomed and encouraged. This is your builds for 2017.

Lou

lastvautour

The real poster image will be clearer.

Lou

lastvautour

The attached PDF file is the second prototype of the 2017 poster. Comments please. The images were arranged by size uploaded. All pictures for the year book should be 2X3 scale. Please set your camera accordingly.

Lou

buccfan

New Toon started, loosely based on a Metal Slug Flyer which itself is based on a Harrier. Pictures to follow on my project board.

buccfan

Sorry Lou, I forgot to say the second poster looked better with the images at the side of the central block. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

2017 Poster Mk III. I missed Pete's models.

Lou

buccfan

Looks good to me Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks Paul. Just waiting a while to make sure everyone has a chance to comment.

I have added a page to the Model Index in the cook up section to add all WWI projects I can find on this site. It may take a while.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1413.msg15063#msg15063

Lou

Boomerang

Version 3 looks OK to me.

Gordon

lastvautour

I am going to town on the 16th and will visit my favorite print shop for my copy.

Lou