• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2017 COOK UP - PROFILE

Started by lastvautour, September 07, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Some progress during the Sunday Market with an F-94C and a Fiat G-91.

The remaining planes have not been touched but I found some Frecce Tricolori decals so my camera nose Gina was quickly modofied to the pointy nose and the wings have been primed and ready for the green, white & red wing bottom.

Lou

lastvautour

Some times we must take a step back.
1. Select your subject and print to the size you want. Glue the plan to the wood or make a template and draw it on. In this case I opted for gluing.
2. Now cut out the parts and sand to the paper plan.
3. Use a drill or rotate a sharp blade(#11 works great) and make two hole at the front and rear of the wing slot. Remove the wood to make a slot for the wing. If a low wing or high wing, just make a cutout.

Happy profiling

Lou

Flying T

CAN I MAKE A P-40. WHAT IS THE INCH MEASURE FOR FUS IN THIS SCALE?
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

All cook-ups are open to all. I will send you an Excel scale calculator where all you need to do is enter the dimensions in inches and the calculator gives you 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144. Are you familiar with the Microsoft Excel program? I have attached an image of the P-40 scale numbers for you as we cannot upload excel files.

Lou

lastvautour

First one out off the gate. A Northrop Buckeye T2B. All decals are home made.

Lou

lastvautour

Additional photos. Who will post next?

Lou

buccfan

I suspect it may be you Lou, the speed at which you turn them out!!!. Very nice indeed. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you Paul. I have a few more on the assembly line.

Lou

lastvautour

A step back to see the fleet being painted with either white or grey primer.

Lou

Boomerang

Amazing. The Buckeye looks great. The others will no doubt be just as impressive.
I have thought about doing a profile and have a couple of ideas. Time and space will tell.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Profiles are simple to do and I was hoping more would join in. Now that I have the first one done, I think if there is another cook-up my selections will be Garet scale with side and top. I didnot choose them this tie due to the extra complexity.

Lou
PS Something just popped into my head. Waych yhis space

lastvautour

For anyone wanting to print there own Sea Hawk decals in 1/72 scale here is what I used. The left panel is white decal film while the right is clear. These decal films were recommended by Gordon and they work better than anything else I have ever tried.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out on profile number 2 the Sea Hawk.

Lou

Boomerang

Decals look like they worked well.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. That new decal film works way better than anything else I have ever used. Thanks again for the link. Note the area behind the cockpit is discoloured. I took reference from a profile drawing that showed a rear glass area on the side view but not on the top view Of course I did not realize the error until I had completed the paint job. I have since learned that Tamiya, Model Master acrylic and Model Master enamel Dark Sea Greys are NOT the same colour. In future I will put the other two back on the shelf and only have the one that I am using on the bench.

Lou