• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2017 COOK UP - PROFILE

Started by lastvautour, September 07, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Thanks  Ryan. Will you be doing a profile plane for the cook-up?

Lou

Boomerang

Probably some sort of Lexan derivative. I recycled a small piece from what I'd call "bird Deflector".
I've seen it over here used on guttering to stop pigeons .
I first used it for the formation/Nav lights on the Beaufort.
Cheers
Gordon

lastvautour

I had some approximately 3 mm (1/8 inch) Lexan that probably did not survive the move here. I don't recall seeing it during the unpacking. That would have worked well with your style of profiles.

Lou

Boomerang

One of the perils of large scale moves. I've only got a small amount left.

Cheers

Gordon

Biggles

Can I play? ;)

John 15:13

lastvautour

Vulcans are always welcomed. What scale is she.

Lou

Boomerang

Swift finished.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

And the Yak 15

lastvautour

Very well done and an excellent contribution to the Profile Plane cook up.

Lou

Boomerang

Thank you Lou.

The yak decals turned out ok. Printed on white and deftly cut out . Red doesn't show through that much.

The Swift roundels were printed on white and went on and over the aluminium OK. The black are on "proprietry " clear and were a bit of trouble. There should be red and white checks on the wing tips but I decided I didn't need the frustration.

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

lastvautour

Number seven is an F-94C.

Lou

lastvautour

Number eight and last of my profile planes for now is the BAC Strikemaster. Originally made with tip tank but I could not find one with the colour scheme I wanted. So, the tip tank were jettisoned before going to the paint shop.

Lou

lastvautour

Eight is enough? (for now)

Lou

Model Maker

Lou;

Another impressive set of models. I think your squadron shows how painting complements and enhances the form of the model.

I have to ask the obvious question. How do you continue to find the space to store all your creations? Past pictures you have previously posted of your collection clearly show you have a large number of models.

-ken