• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2016 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2016, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Will, thanks for dropping in. Those treasures sure wound wonderful.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Still interested here.  Finding time for modelling a challenge with new job but I still visit the site as I can.  Thanks for your efforts Lou.

Mark Braunlich

Pete1616

I wonder how many of us have a desk calendar with aircraft pictures.....It seems that I get distracted often, I was working on an Arrow when a picture of a Catalina appeared on the calendar. I started that, keel nicely done, wing looking good....then a picture of a Northrop N9M flying wing showed up....It's nearing completion now! nose wheel and props still missing, but only a couple of hours work left. Then I'll have to decide which unfinished project to work on next.

Unfortunately, Mexico beckons again, we leave tomorrow for a week. Gotta leave this cold and snow behind!
Pete1616

lastvautour

Mark,  I see you logged on quite often. Your contribution on Skybirds is priceless. Could this Photo from Tom Solury by Skybirds?

Lou

lastvautour

Pete, always a pleasure to hear from you. I know the problem well with a few models stretching over several years rather than months.

Lou

oleblacksmith

Still interested in the site.  Busy trying to hold onto J O B due to cuts in the oil patch.

-Richard

lastvautour

Sorry to hear you are affected by the downfall of the oil industry. Richard, the officer's board is a good place to vent to friendly ears if need be.

Lou

Will

Quote from: lastvautour on April 05, 2016, 08:16:18 PM
Mark,  I see you logged on quite often. Your contribution on Skybirds is priceless. Could this Photo from Tom Solury by Skybirds?

Lou

Lou, judging by the 10" span of the DVII in the collection's photos on the gallery I would think they must be 1/32, or possibly 1/36(?) if prewar.

Skybirds are 1/72, the biplanes would fit in your hand.
Cheers
Will

lastvautour

Beazld

Noob here, just joined the site.  Built a Strombecker V-tail Beech a couple years back and really enjoyed it.  Downloaded the Boeing China Clipper plans and plan on starting  soon. Don't anyone hold your breath! LOL, I am kind of a slow builder ;D

Kenny Horne

Welcome aboard Beazld. We'd love to hear from you.
Kenny

lastvautour

Welcome Dave. To post a photo, select additional options, select browse and select your photo from your PC. Picture size matters as we can only accept 2mb per image and use jpeg. If you have difficulties with this, let me know.

Lou

Model Maker

Beazld - Welcome to the Group!! I'm a recent member, but have certainly found everyone to be very supportive. and extemely knowledgeable. Like yourself, I am not a fast builder. But not to worry. It's the fun and joy that counts. Not the volume.  Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require any assistance or have any questions.

Best regards and enjoy  - ken

Beazld

Here is a pic of my B&O solid model (best and only) to date.
It is a Strombecker V-Tail Beech I built a couple years ago.  I found a complete kit less box for $20.00.  It has some special meaning to me as my late older brother had one as a child in the late 50's and never built it.
It is painted with Randolph Aluminum dope and clear acrylic spray overall.  I scanned the original decals and reprinted on clear decal paper as I was
afraid the original ones would crumble.  I think it came out pretty good for a first solid model.  Will be starting on the Comet Boeing China Clipper 1/72 scale recognition model soon.

lastvautour

Excellent job on the Bonanza. I look forward to the Clipper.

Lou