• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2016 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2016, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I would request that all members acknowledge their continued interest in the SMM site. If you forgot your username/password, an email to the administrator@solidmodelmemories.net can solve that. Baring that, send me an email at lvautour@eastlink.ca

Stats to follow.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Lancaster proceeding nicely. Four engines and twin tails are officially a pain in the butt ;). Will post pics soon. I know I'm a bit of a fair weather friend of this site, but I do love it.  Thanks Lou.

David R

I enjoy the site, I build different sizes of ships, aircrafts & fishing lures.
David R

Boomerang

Still here Lou.

Proceeding on with the Ponnier and the Comet.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

David R, thank you for responding to the April Ping. Please show us some photos of your models. If you are not familiar with uploading to SMM, send them directly to me and I will post them for you.

Lou

lastvautour

Gordon, always a pleasure to hear from you.

Lou

buccfan

Nothing on the go at the moment, due to work outdoors starting early as we have some dry mild weather at the moment. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thank you for checking in Paul.  I need to sew some lawn seed this week.

Lou

Model Maker

I'm certainly interested in the site. Working on a couple of model airplane plans and a couple of wooden toys.

Best regards - ken

lastvautour

Ken, I want some pictures of the toys also. Thanks for answering the call.

Lou

Dimitri B

Hi Lou, I do enjoy this site and seeing the works of all the members. I mainly build in plastic but am always interested in other mediums especially wood. Dimitri.

lastvautour

Thank you for checking in Dimitri.

Lou

Biggles

Yes I do love this site, You are a very nice group. Lou, why do you ask?
Abe
John 15:13

lastvautour

Thank you for your response Abe. Although we are getting more viewers, fewer members log on to make comments. I am hoping to reverse this trend.

Lou

Will

Hi all,

Still here though haven't done any proper solid models recently.  I am using solid /balsa techniques to modify a plastic kit though, will put some details in after the competition its for.

I also got a phone call from a model RR friend just before Christmas, saying that the home of the chap I had some solids to restore from was being sold the next week so if I wanted any free books...I now have a second full set of Aircraft of the Fighting Powers, as well as Plans of Military Aircraft, and some other solids books!  And a lot of Spitfire books (the old boy had worked on them in WW2).  So I've no excuse on lack of information and inspiration!  The family decided to keep a carved wood 1/72 Saro Princess flying boat as a momento of their father's/ grandfather's hobby and work at Saunders-Roe.  Needless to say it was massive and a beautiful carving.

Cheers
Will