• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SM-55X

Started by gera, April 09, 2008, 09:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gera

In 1933 General Italo Balbo led a squadron of SM-55Xs from Orbetello, Italy to Chicago, USA.....

Gera
Gera

lastvautour

Very nice looking model Gera. Is it destined for a museum? If not it should be.

Oceaneer99

Gera,

Nice model there!  I hope you don't mind that I used the image url to find your photobucket site and looked through your excellent construction photos.  I noticed that you have a number of Caproni aircraft.  Have you ever  run across drawings of the Ca.20?  The original is here in Seattle at the Museum of Flight, and I've always been captivated by it.

http://www.museumofflight.org/Collection/Aircraft.asp?RecordKey=7A5379CF-8257-4B13-AAFE-355856B8DB6C

Someday, I'll need to pop into the Museum of Flight archive and see what they have on her.  Their hours are somewhat limited, though, so I'd need to take a day off work to do that.

Garet

gera

Quote from: lastvautour on April 10, 2008, 12:10:53 AM
Very nice looking model Gera. Is it destined for a museum? If not it should be.

;D ;D ;D ;D...Appreciate your thought of putting it in a museum, thanks!!!!---you guys make as good or
better models!!!!!...cangratulations to all. ;)
Gera

gera

Quote from: Oceaneer99 on April 10, 2008, 02:10:38 AM
Gera,

Nice model there!  I hope you don't mind that I used the image url to find your photobucket site and looked through your excellent construction photos.  I noticed that you have a number of Caproni aircraft.  Have you ever  run across drawings of the Ca.20?  The original is here in Seattle at the Museum of Flight, and I've always been captivated by it.

http://www.museumofflight.org/Collection/Aircraft.asp?RecordKey=7A5379CF-8257-4B13-AAFE-355856B8DB6C

Someday, I'll need to pop into the Museum of Flight archive and see what they have on her.  Their hours are somewhat limited, though, so I'd need to take a day off work to do that.

Garet

Hi Garet...........sorry to say I have not seen plans for the CA-20. It is pretty hard to find plans for some of the
"not so well known" aircraft. Just a note on this: I wanted for years to make the B-18 Bolo and searched all over for decent plans but no luck. I finally wrote the Washington Air Museum and they said that they would have to search their "warehouse" since they could not find any in the database!!!!....about 4 months later I received a beautiful plan from a very nice person there who had taken the time to go to their warehouse and spend a whole day searching for the "forgotten" 3 view plan with formers and all!!!!!!....oviously I built the model and sent it to them. Maybe they placed it in that warehouse with the plan!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gera

lastvautour

Gera, would you be willing to share the Bolo drawings. I will pay for reproduction and postage. I have yet to find a decent set of drawings. Or perhaps you could upload them to the site?

Lou

cliff strachan

A famous aircraft that deserves a wonderful reproduction and you have certainly succeeded.You've set a new standard and a difficult level in model building to surpass. Congratulations.

Cliff

gera

Quote from: lastvautour on April 11, 2008, 03:22:11 PM
Gera, would you be willing to share the Bolo drawings. I will pay for reproduction and postage. I have yet to find a decent set of drawings. Or perhaps you could upload them to the site?

Lou

Hi Lou..................

SURE!!!!!!!, let me see if I can upload them to the forum, otherwise I´ll send you a copy. Am sure you will like them...Tonight when I get home I´ll see to it.
Gera