• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Gee Bee R-1 by Mr. Modan

Started by K_mars, November 10, 2021, 09:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_mars

Beautiful solid model.
The production process will also be posted.

Made in 2017

K_mars

• First of all, we will make a frame with brass pipes.
  • The cockpit area is created and the pipes are painted red. The invisible part is omitted.

K_mars

? Next is the part where the engine cowl, the front part of the fuselage, the fuel tank, etc. ride. The diameter is 1/24 and it is about 65 mm, so it is assembled into a box shape with a 10 mm "Magnolia obovata"  plate.

K_mars

• Cut out each part of the fuselage that corresponds to the horizontal frame and attach it to the pipe frame.
  • After that, I cut the basswood plywood to about 1.5 mm to 1 mm and glued it, and I wanted to make the rib line as sharp as possible, so I dropped the corners.
  • Lightly sprayed the micro glass, attached it to the frame, and hardened it with a sanding sealer instead of an adhesive. I tried to crush the texture as much as possible by stacking this twice, that is, by stacking two sheets.

K_mars

• After blowing the primer on the micro glass, cover the upper part of the fuselage with Basswood Plywood.
  • After that, the vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer were created and temporarily fixed to see the feeling.
  • I also noticed when I was looking at the pictures. The shape of the cowling is something different.
  • The actual machine is a little more plump and cute. Remaking is troublesome, so I putty and shaped it.

K_mars

• Just the mood! It is a replica.
  • It is the production of the main wing and fillet. It's difficult to rub the fillet and the torso! It seems that I need to make some changes, but I've come here for the time being.

K_mars

• For the canopy, I tried to make the frame separately, but the frame became a little thicker.
  • I made the engines one by one, but it's a hassle! The distance between the cylinders and the head is not uniform, but I decided to use it as it is because it seems that it will be misused if it is attached.
  • Next, I made a landing gear cover and then made wheels, but since it was not possible to attach the wheels later, it became a stupid method of cutting the cover up and down, attaching the wheels, and then gluing the cover. It seems that it has somehow become a shape. After that, I blew the Primer and finished the expression of streaks and rivets, and finally positioned the tension line and the production of the parts was almost finished.

K_mars

• Since the exposed part of the wheel is small, it could not be installed later, so it was separated once at the top and bottom and then glued.
  • The wheels were masked until the painting was finished.
  • The frame of the canopy was made separately.

K_mars

The cowling seems to be small. There are a lot of other things to worry about, but if you play around with it too much, it will get worse, so I rounded it up.

lastvautour

Welcome back. Excellent workmanship on your Gee Bee. Thank you for the assembly breakdown and multiple photos.

Lou

Gearup

Stunning model. The detail is amazing with the fuselage frame, cockpit, engine and landing gear. Thank you for sharing the building photos.
Regards,
Fraser

Boomerang

Excellent craftsmanship!

Gordon

K_mars

Thanks everyone!
I'm back.
The number of solid modelers in Japan is decreasing year by year. The solid model is truly  "Cultural heritage".

RyanShort1