• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

World War One Armistice 100th Anniversary - Cook Up

Started by lastvautour, December 05, 2017, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Decided to go with a combination off sanding the rib bays and adding 1mm masking tape on the rib locations. It looks pretty good in person, but can't get a decent picture of the top wing as the sanding is suttle. I am using antique white to simulate the doped canvas of the French machine I chose. It is also being used as the primer colour. The white on the rudder is masked off for the the red and blue.

Lou

Boomerang

Coming along nicely Lou.

The masking tape seems to do the trick.

Gordon

buccfan

Great progress Lou, looking good on the ribbing work. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Fingers' contribution is a marvelous Albatross D-III in 1/48 scale. Thank you Fingers.

Lou

lastvautour

Nieuport 11 cowling turn out slightly oversize or the engine undersize. Regardless, I will see how things look when I place the fairings in place.

Lou

lastvautour

Bits and pieces are coming together. The cowl is spray metal buff maint from Model master.

Lou

lastvautour

buccfan

Very nice Lou, prop and engine look good.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Bell cranks are a pain even at 1/32 scale.

Lou

Flying T

FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

Flying T

I quess pic  too big? done research on my 1/32 scale Bristol f2b for plans-using jl Roberts  aeromodeller,3 view Richard ferrier wings site,working on fus wings and tail, wa wylam drawings are said to be inaccurate,but beautiful
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

Flying T

FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

Great start to what will be another fantastic mode. I look forward to your future updates.

Lou