• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th Anniversary build

Started by lastvautour, January 07, 2022, 06:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Number 108 is a 1/72 scale AVRO CF-100 Canuck. The Canuck was the first mass-produced jet fighter designed and built in Canada. The Mk 3D accounted for 136 out of a total production of 751.

Lou

lastvautour

Number 109 is a Gloster Meteor T.7 on loan to 421 Sqn Jan to Oct 1950.

Lou

lastvautour

The Barkley-Grow T8P-1 was an airliner developed in the United States shortly before the Second World War. Although it saw limited use  with only eleven produced, the type was well-received as a bush plane in Canada. The RCAF flew one from 1939 to 1941. Two are currently on display in Canada with another held in storage. The Barkley Grow is number 110 in my RCAF 100th project.

Lou

lastvautour

Built out of sequence, here is my 100th RCAF model. The Argus is a Canadian design based on the Bristol Britannia. Thirty-three examples were produced and all retired by the early 1980s having lost two to accidents.

As our group builds never close, I will continue to build along with other subjects.

Lou

lastvautour

Supplement to the RCAF 100th project is a 1/32 De Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter. Construction took 18 months.

Lou

lastvautour

Supplement to the RCAF 100th is a 1/144 Vickers Wellington in 407 Squadron colours.

Lou

lastvautour

At their request, I submitted the following article for the Royal Canadian Air Force magazine. Here is the scanned version as it appeared. Please do not repost the article as it is proprietary to the magazine.

Lou

Gearup

Inspiring article Lou! I really appreciate your skills and talent with SMM.
Thanks for posting it.
Fraser

lastvautour

Boomerang

lastvautour

lastvautour

Supplement to my RCAF 100th project is a 1/144 CASA/Airbus CC-295 Kingfisher.

Lou

Gearup

Still a very cool looking airplane.
Fraser

lastvautour

The RCAF had 18 Ventura from 1943 to 1948. This is probably the last aircraft to be done prior to 1 Apr 2024.

Lou

lastvautour

My RCAF Centennial Project has been placed on display at the North Atlantic Aviation Museum in Gander NL. 103 models are under glass for all to see until late fall.