• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th Anniversary build

Started by lastvautour, January 07, 2022, 06:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Outstanding work Lou. It is a testament to your skill as a modeller and your pride as a retired member of the RCAF. To set the goal of creating 100 models (plus some spares...) and to hit that mark is really an amazing accomplishment. I was honoured to have met you last year and also had a chance to visit the Museum in Gander. I am sure the museum is privileged to have this one-of-a-kind collection on display . I would love to see it in person, but currently the drive of over 6800 km poses a challenge   Best Regards, Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I will add a few more on my next visit.

Lou

lastvautour

The museum created a banner for me. I will inherit it after the display is over.

Lou

Note. I placed our address at the bottom of my bio.

Gearup

That is very cool to have a museum poster of your display. I am sure the museum is happy to have such a significant display. One of a kind in Canada!

Boomerang

An outstanding result for you Lou.

Congratulations . Well Done.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I was pleasantly surprised to see it.

Lou

Gearup

What a beautiful display! The models are nicely spaced and grouped and the display case really does show off the models.

Wow!

Fraser

lastvautour

I wish I had those display cases in my house.

Lou

Jim

I was just thinking the same thing myself!

Congratulations on a magnificent display!
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Gearup

10,000 POSTS 

Well done and thanks Lou!!!!

best Regards, 
Fraser

Gearup

lastvautour

Model Maker

March 2024 must be a memorable month for you Lou. 10,000 postings and the start of a multi month display of "Lou's Air Force". Both of these are tremendous accomplishments!!

I am certainly glad, military budget restrictions did not prevent an appropriate display for your models. No doubt as the tourist season picks up in the coming months, a junior modeller will be bitten by the bug to create a solid model of their own, and will be inspired by the tremendous skills that you bring to this hobby.

-ken

lastvautour

Thank you Ken. I was happy to take my show on the road. There is another aviation museum approximately the same distance away. I would have to tailor the display to the Harbour Grace Aviation Museum. Amelia Earhart left North America from Harbour Grace on her first solo across the Atlantic flight. I was planning a trip there however, family issues are getting in the way.

Lou