• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Orta Saint - Hubert G - 1 IN TUTORIAL SECTION

Started by Gearup, June 12, 2022, 10:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Magnificent build Fraser. You went the extra mile on this one.

Lou

Boomerang

In a word Awesome. A terrific model Fraser.

Well done on the tutorial too. Clear , concise and well illustrated.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Thank you for the kind words. The most challenging part was the writing of the tutorial. It ran a bit long, but then it was a bit more involved than I first thought. I think smart phone cameras are so good for recording the process and it makes it easier to understand.

Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

Barry and I did some videos a long time back. Setting up for them and editing took up too much time to be useful. The time element make me reluctant to do another unless I have a willing novice participant to build along with me.

Lou

Jim

Lovely model and wonderfully informative tutorial. Learned a couple things I put to work right away!
And so it goes...

lastvautour

My apologies Fraser, I will go off topic and encourage Jim to do a tutorial on those fabulous bi-planes that come from his bench.
What do you say Jim?

Lou

Jim

Please forgive me, as I've no desire to hijack Fraser's thread, here. I'm more than honored to be invited to present a tutorial on building biplanes. But for several reasons I must decline the invitation. To be honest, there really isn't anything special about my building approach. In fact, it's with some embarrassment that I admit it's considerably less sophisticated or professional than most of what's depicted here. Like that of many self-taught individuals, my approach incorporates remarkably little precision; many of you probably would be appalled by just how little! Most of it is just done "by eye," you might say, just trying to be as true as possible to the plans and research materials. On top of that, I have remarkably little patience with the camera and the thought of engineering dozens of pictures depicting miniature shop operations and hand- building processes makes my head ache. I'd much, much rather just offer up my finished projects for your review and let them speak for themselves , if that's okay...
So, with apologies to Fraser for hijacking the thread featuring his latest little gem creation, and to Lou for declining your kind offer, I'll just step back into the shadows, if I may, and go on building.
And so it goes...

Gearup

Thanks Jim. It is always fun to try out new techniques .
Fraser