• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Fiesler Storch

Started by Gearup, August 24, 2019, 02:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Excellent results. I will send in my order.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent work Fraser!  I too will put my order in.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Hello again.
Here is a picture of the Frise aileron and flap fittings for the Storch. Although there is only 12 hinges and 4 balance arms required, I did make a few extras. They are small and delicate so I will probably loose or damage a few during painting and installation. Again, cut from 0.010"  styrene on the silhouette machine. Mounted to sticky transfer tape for painting to keep the airbrush from blowing them off.

Almost there.

Fraser

lastvautour

Fantastic details Fraser.

Lou

Gearup

Hello Fellow modellers,

Here is my completed Fieseler Storch. I modelled it after the Storch that is owned by the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor museum in
Washington state. You can read about this aircraft and view the photos at the museum link.

It was a challenging build with slotted wings and a rather elaborate landing gear construction. The gear geometry is quite different when it is in the air.  It has a very long stroke on the gear leg strut which make it look tall and narrow when there is no weight on it. Some of the other construction details can be seen in my previous posts.

Hope you find the model interesting!

Fraser

https://flyingheritage.org/Explore/The-Collection/Germany/Fieseler-Fi.aspx

Gearup

Forgot the scale is 1:48 about a 12.5" span

Boomerang

Fantastic looking model . Well done Fraser !

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Outstanding. You nailed the Storch's appearance. That undercarriage is superb.

Lou

Model Maker

An outstanding build. Your attention to detail on the ribs, gear and painting certainly paid off. Dare I say the model would give the plastic modellers a run for their money!!

I have a turbo beaver with floats on the drafting board for down the road. I will certainly incorporate your techniques on the build.

-ken